Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Talk to me about… trans X events please
  • Swalsey
    Free Member

I am seriously considering a staged event, such as the trans wales, but I am concerned that the wales event will not feel worth £500 considering that I can ride the trail centers for free! Canada is too expensive for the trans-rockies (this year), so what else is worth considering? The nearest I’ve done is a Merida 100…

Cheers!

Straightliner

Most of the main stage races are now considerably more than £500, particularly when you add travel in. Trans Wales is a lot more than just the trail centres, you get some fantastic riding in the middle of nowhere and a week with likeminded individuals. I did 2008 in the monsoon and said I’d never go back because the rest of the organisation wasn’t up to it, but I hear it has improved considerably since then.

Other cheap-ish option include two in Poland, one is the Trans Carpatia I think, and the Trans Alp isn’t that expensive but fills up very quickly.

Ones worth doing but cost lots more are Trans Provence and BC Bike Race (TP has incredible singletrack, and BC Bike Race is supposed to be much the same) or the Cape Epic – best organised event I’ve ever been to but difficult to get an entry.

oxforddan
    Free Member

+ 1 trans-provence 😛

Tess
    Free Member

Trans Provence if there are any places left for 2011. 26 timed stages over and through Mercantour national park and the maritime alps in Provence southern France. Stunning scenery, 320km with uplifts, 9000m climbing 15000m st descending. 7 days riding. Worth every penny though please don’t ask me to sleep in a tent ever again for the rest of my life as long as I live.

Swalsey
    Free Member

Great stuff, I’ll look into those suggestions, thanks. Any more?

MSP
    Wookster

Black mountain 3 day??

ridepoland
    Free Member

Hi, there are few very challenging multistage races in Poland, prices are very reasonable. One of them is Carpathia MTB Venture:
    6 stages
    Distance: about 440 km
    denivelation: about 14900 m
    Leading from the Bieszczady Mountains to The Silesian Beskid
    Costs: from about 130-220 GBP for Standard Package (sharing accomodation included, snacks during the race etc.) depending on date of payment. Half board additional 80 GBP (6xbreakfast, 5xdinner)
    Web: http://www.mtbventure.com/ – they don’t have english translation yet, if your are interested in further details maybe i could help.
    Another one is:
    Sudety MTB Challange
    http://www.mtbchallenge.com/
    Fees for Standard package per person (prologue + 5 stages):
    » till 31.01.2011 – 175 Euro
    » till 31.03.2011 – 225 Euro
    » till 31.05.2011 – 275 Euro
    » till 30.06.2011 – 325 Euro

There are few more from this organiser so if you need some info you can email me.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Talk to me about… trans X events please’ is closed to new replies.