Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Talk to me about Sheds…
  • Daffy

There’s a 10*6 shed in my garden that I want to replace with something a little more workshoppy.

So, what’s best? Apex or Pent? Loglap, shiplap, TnG? Felt or shingles? Windows or not?

This is all new to me…

matt_outandabout

mcmoonter to the forum, mcmoonter.

steeble
    Free Member

Are you replacing it with another 10×6?
    With regards to the cladding, depends what you want to spend and how bothered you are about aesthetics.
    I would just go for shiplap with a felt roof but thats because I just want a shed to be functional. The only thing I made sure of when I bought a similarly sized shed was to make sure that floor and roof were solid wood rather than OSB. Also good to get tanalised wood if you want to keep it any length of time.
    If you are planning on securing items like bikes int eh workshop plan where you want them before you put the shed up so you can add ground anchors.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Pent for sure, far more usable space.

Daffy

steeble – Member
    Are you replacing it with another 10×6?

Yes, and there’s not a great deal of cost difference for Loglap, and it does come with a solid floor and roof. I’m also told that shingle can last substantially longer than felt?

letmetalktomark

Although I don’t have anything as big (ooh er) I went with a pent as, for me, it provided more headroom to work along one side than an apex.

steeble
    Free Member

I opted for no windows to increase security and just put in a solar powered light with a switch not PIR. Depends on how long you plan on being in the thing. Also how much are you willing to invest depends how long you plan on living there.
    Kept our shed fairly simple as will be moving in the next couple of years

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Talk to me about Sheds…’ is closed to new replies.