Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Talk to me about shed security cameras
  • supersessions9-2
    Free Member

Had a break in last night. Thankfully nothing taken but worried about a return visit.

What’s good in shed security cameras. No WiFi but have mains power in there.

Thinking I want a movement detector SD card recorder type thing.

alexpalacefan

Not sure that will really help.
    If you get any footage plod won’t be interested, better to fit an alarm IMHO, once stuff is gone you’ll not see it again.

APF

rmacattack
    Free Member

yeah agree above. a camera of some sort would do no harm . but probably best to upgrade locks and access points first.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    supersessions9-2
    Free Member

Cheers. That’s all happening and getting an alarm. Had a quick search for cameras but couldn’t find anything suitable.

Think I got a bit complacent with security.

🙁

rmacattack
    Free Member

can never be to careful, why should some scumbag get free pickings of possessions you worked hard to get.

finephilly
    Free Member

Definitely a hardened steel chain dropped into concrete is the best, right in the corner too. Or a big steel beam on the floor.

nickjb
    Free Member

If you’ve got power then you can fit a network camera and wire it into your network with a couple of home plugs. That’s how mine is set up. Any motion and it sends me a message. Not so useful if I’m miles away but if I happen to be in the house I can have a look. You could add wifi the same way to let you use a wider range of cameras

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

I’ve got a ground anchor and massive chain, which is what i think stopped me losing my bikes.

But they have taken some tools and electrical fittings.

Will be upgrading shed door locks and fitting security lights.

Just wondered about security cameras.

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

Clever Dog Smart Cameras are pretty good for the price (£25) but you’ll need WiFi. Has motion detection and can record onto an SD card and send alerts, etc.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Talk to me about shed security cameras’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts