Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Talk to me about road tyres on a Mavic XM719 rim and CFD frames.
  • teadrinker
    Free Member

So I’ve been looking at new bikes for a while now and tied the full on road route and that didn’t work out for me. So now tried a CFD and liked it so now I’m looking at building one up.

I’ve got a set of Hope Pro2 Evo’s on Mavic XM719 that if I can I’d like to use. I’m looking at running both road tyres like Continental GS4000 and a set of CX tyres so I was wondering if I can get away with those on my current rims or should I change the rims to Open Pros or similar?

Also I really like the CFD, looking at the 725 version in burnt orange. Is there anything else that is similar that’s worth looking at that I may have missed. Looking at running Ultegra and TRP Spyre brakes.

teadrinker
    Free Member

Anyone at all all bump?

cynic-al
    Free Member

No idea what a CFD is but you’ll be fine as long as you don’t rub narrow tyres, 24mm prob the limit.

sandboy

I am presuming that you are talking about a Genesis CDF. If so, I have had mine for 3 years now and it is ridden daily as my commuter on Mavic CXP 33 rims with xt hubs and 28mm 4 seasons using the original alex rims and cyclocross tyres for off road duties. It is a great bike!

steve_b77
    Free Member

Why would anyone rub narrow tyres?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Talk to me about road tyres on a Mavic XM719 rim and CFD frames.’ is closed to new replies.