Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Talk to me about offset bushes please
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

Off to Alps in 2 weeks, and I’m disgusted to say I haven’t made one upgrade to the bike since last time it was out 2 years ago.

I’m thinking a set of offset bushings will make me feel better about my lack of upgrades, and might even potentially improve the ride!

So whats the advantages and disadvantages. I know it will slacken the HA and lower the bb, but by how much. Is it noticable?

Also, does it decrease rear travel, and if so again by how much?

And lastly, how easy to fit and where it the best (ie cheapest) place to get them.

Bikes an Spesh Enduro 2012. Don’t really want to go down the angleset route for now.

thanks

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Can you even fit them to that vintage Enduro?

I recall they have a clevis mount on the shock, rather than a standard eyelet, so not applicable on the back end. On the top, you can probably get one in and that’s it. It will make next to no difference, maybe half a degree on the head angle.

It doesn’t change the travel, on some bikes with tight tolerances you might find there is frame contact, or tyre contact etc, so it’s worth cycling the suspension with no air in the shock to see if it will fit.

Oh, and FYI, you can’t get an angleset that fits the Enduro, due to the odd ‘Campy style’ headset arrangement.

In short, you’re pretty much stuck with it how it is.

mrjmt
    Free Member

depends on size of bushing bolt and if you fit one or two

will be noticable if you slacken enough

same rear travel (need to check rear tyre doesn’t hit seat tube)

easy

Polish bloke on ebay did mine, top quality and came within a week

tpbiker
    Free Member

thanks folks

Its actually a 2011 model if that makes any difference?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Same problem IIRC.

2010-2012 were all the same bike, so you’re a bit limited with choices.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Talk to me about offset bushes please’ is closed to new replies.