Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • talk to me about ikea sofas….?
  • supersessions9-2
    Free Member

Are they crap?

Need a second sofa for our second living room. Have a Laura Ashley one which was expensive but has worn really well.

Can’t afford another but wondering if it’s false economy to go cheap. The second one will be used more especially by toddler, and visitors and probably the dogs when we go out.

So Ikea cheap and expect to replace or bash the credit card and get something tht will last longer?

Oh and don’t tell me to go to DFS, I don’t want something in the style of Big Fat Gypsy Weddings….

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

If their beds are anything to go by then they should be fine. Had my bed three years now and it has put up with my fat ass and plenty of action 😉 no problems.! A very sturdy bit of kit.

yunki
    Free Member

nabru.co.uk is a really good way to get something that’s a lot better quality than ikea.. and you can custom spec them.. the prices are extremely competitive and put DFS etc to shame..

there’s a small amount of self assembly involved although this can work in your favour if you’re trying to fit a large sofa into an awkward space..
    highly recommended.. I’d certainly use them again

owenfackrell
    Free Member

we have had an ikea sofa for a few years and its doing fine. If it’s mainly for the kids then get a clipan (or how ever its spelt)one as they have removable covers that are machine washable with lots of choice on colour.

donsimon
    Free Member

If it’s for kids and dog go Ikea and maybe replace in a few years when toddler is less toddler like and the dog has learnt to sleep on the floor.

Rivett
    Free Member

Sat on ours now after 10 years of use. One change of cover when we decorated.

ski
    Free Member

Paid £600 for an Ikea 3 seater leather sofa, just over 8 years ago, its been hammered by kids, pets, mates & me sleeping on it when the Mrs kicks me out of our bed 😉

Leather is holding up very well, foam is just starting to sag, but not enough to worry about.

I would buy another.

timber

got one of the basic ones from gumtree about 4 years ago, no idea how old it really is but feels and looks the same (apart from a few traces of dinners gone-by still) as the ones in store. Klippan I think, it goes through doorways easy and is pretty light to pick-up.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I’ve got an Ektorp I have in my art studio. I got it as it’s comfy and you can change the cover/buy new ones. You can’t complain about it, it’s lasting well (5 years old) once the covers are washed it looks and feels almost new. I can reccomend them.

allmountainventure
    Free Member

The Klippan ones cant be beaten for value. About 350 for a 4 seater, has replaceable covers so you can… er… replace them, or take em of and wash them. Solid/strong.

Not the most comfortable though due to the low back.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

^ mines a klippan not ektorp…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ektorp owner here too – wasn’t convinced before I got it, but I am now. It’s not the highest quality in the world but have a set of covers for everyday use and a set for visitors 🙄 Seems to be weathering the cats well.

matt22
    Free Member

nice leather sofas on indigo furniture 0% interest vie got 2. Ive got an ikea chair and its done well. Thats enough soft furnishings talk im off to chop wood and lick oil sumps to man up a bit ha ha ha

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘talk to me about ikea sofas….?’ is closed to new replies.