Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Talk to me about Hope f20 flat pedals….
  • chris_mbuk
    Free Member

ok so ive been wanting some of these hope pedals for a while now, but ive read up on reviews and some of them say people have been slipping off the pedals and not as good as they say? has anyone bought some and had bad experience with these? i spoke to a friend who has them and he said they are great and loves em but for the money im spending i don’t want to be disappointed, all hope products are fantastic dont get me wrong ive always used hope and never had bad experience with any of it but these reviews just kinda mess with my mind? what shall i do guys! cheers!

legend
    Free Member

Not a bad experience with them as such, they’re just not very good. Nicely made as you’d imagine but grip and feel both lag behind the (much much cheaper) Superstar Nanos

twistedpencil

Got some on the bmx, they are okay, not slipped a pedal yet though I think the 5:10s have a lot to do with that. I think dmr vaults would have been a better bet though. Currently rocking hope pin marks on my right shin 😉
    They do look very nice mind.

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

i own 5 tens its all i use, are you saying if you have 5 tens ull be ok lol

warpcow
    Free Member

I’ve had some for a couple of years now, I think. No complaints. I personally think they’re a little grippier than Nanos. The extra size is good too. I don’t have the central pins fitted, which maybe helps. I will say that they were slippy together with Teva shoes, but never with Sombrios, 5.10 or Shimano.

leegee

Tried them briefly on someone elses bike and my first impression was slippy and it they were clean and dry, got back on my bike with Canfield Crampons and they were noticeably grippyer

bullroar
    Free Member

I prefer Vaults. Hope are not as big a platform and you need to play around with pins to get the best grip. I’ve removed a few. Ride with 5.10 shoes.

mastakillah
    Free Member

I’ve got two pairs. Both with the older, rounded pins. New ones now have a hollow pin and have much more grip. I run mine with FiveTens and have never had an issue. I have taken out one of the central pins to allow for a little bit of movement on the pedal.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Those new nukeproofs (Horizon) just got 10/10 in a few reviews.

withersea
    Free Member

Nice pedals, but too expensive when compared to others.

andysredmini
    Free Member

I have 2 pairs and they have both been perfect. The first pair is about 1.5 years old and have the older solid pins which I prefer. The newer pair are probably about 8 months old and have the newer hollow pins. These have a lot more grip but I find them a bit too grippy. Both pairs have been used for big jumps, drops and gaps, from dh tracks to canal towpath rides with the kids and have come away unscathed from multiple heavy rock strikes caused by my low bottom bracket.
    I would buy another pair without even looking at other options. Both pairs still spin perfectly after use in all weather.

riklegge

I think some of the bad experiences people have had was due to the different pins. I have a set with the newer pins and while not quite as grippy as Vaults are still pretty good and better than nanos.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Lovely pedals but I find Nukeproof Electrons (the placy ones) gripper, lighter and cheaper.

grey

I’ve had them for a couple of years and love them.
    Tevas weren’t the best with them, I’ve never had a problem with my 5:10s.
    Never been serviced either and still like new, despite many ground strikes and hard landings.

legend
    Free Member

riklegge – Member
    I think some of the bad experiences people have had was due to the different pins. I have a set with the newer pins and while not quite as grippy as Vaults are still pretty good and better than nanos.

New pins here, still think Nanos are better. Even with central pins removed the overall placement of the others just isn’t quite right. As mentioned previously, not a “bad experience” just a “meh” product

roverpig

Prefer mine to my vaults but YMMV.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Talk to me about Hope f20 flat pedals….’ is closed to new replies.