Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Talk to me about grip shifters…
  • pedalhead
    Free Member

Havn't used grip shifters for ~13 years, but they do appear to be a lot cheaper and lighter (looking specifically at X0). What's not to like?

ac282

Nothing.

The only potential problem is that SRAM seem to be binning them. I haven't seen any 10 speed shifters yet.

huw
    Free Member

I find them excellent. Easy to set up. Great for changing up/down gears quickly. The only niggle I had with them is when things start getting muddy and wet you lose grip and it's difficult to change gear (more suitable or grippier gloves would help a lot I suppose!).

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mark_b
    Free Member

I use one for my front deraillieur – much easier to micro adjust the derailleur position to stop chain rub.

ex-pat
    Free Member

Talked about them here

Reasonable, ace on DH bike. Prefer rapid rise and 'normal' shifters if given a choice, just feels right that way…

VanHalen

i've used saches wavey gripshifts since about 13 years ago. i like gripshift. i'd like new bling shifters but they keep working regardless of what i do. i' worried that when my last spear grips run out i'll have to try something else.

then again i'm just as happy riding triggers but, being lazy, i like the 'fit and forget' maintenance gripshift gives you.

i'm riding more modern sram gripshift on the mates xc bike for the commute and they are no way as nice as my 12yr old sachs.

lovewookie

Wouldn't use anything else. Don't get on with triggers, prefer gripshift and rapid rise, seems to shift in the right direction.

Really like the ability to dump a load of gears at once, only problem is that if like me you prefer to brake with your middle finger, it's difficult to reach new short style brake levers.

Bream
    Free Member

Been using X0 gripshifts on my XC bike for over 3 years now and love them. Even considered putting one on my DH bike as I like them that much.

The only negative I find is the very loud down shift click, when racing it can give the game away from a suprise attach. But then again you don't need a bell when out, a couple of clicks up and down warm anyone within a 10m radius your about 😆

There also a guy over on weightweenies doing 10 speed X0 conversions for use with the XX cassette, seems to work well.

svendink
    Free Member

Another X0 gripshift user here – love em.

Anyone tried these for use shimano 10spd?
    Clicky

Bream
    Free Member

They look ok but only work with Shimano rear mechs.

ex-pat
    Free Member

+1 lovewookie pretty much

pedalhead
    Free Member

cheers guys, got me thinking now…

rootes1

Another X0 gripshift user here – love em.

i use an x.0 on my 1×9 – work fine

Crell
    Free Member

Is there any difference in the models and the ease of rotating the shifter or the grip diameter? Thinking about a 9 speed GS rather than the Shimano shifter on my son's new bike. The narrower the grip, and easier to shift.

Do they all have the same throw / ammount of twist to move up and down the gears?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Talk to me about grip shifters…’ is closed to new replies.