Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • talk to me about fox triad shocks……….
  • renton
    Free Member

Ive just got a spesh stumpjumper and it has a fox triad shock fitted.

according to the manual it has 3 settings, but i can only feel it click into 2 of the settings (pro pedal and fuklly open)??

the lock out setting just flops around a lot??, is this right?

cheers

steve

renton
    Free Member

oh and it needs a new bush fitting as there is a bit of play at the lower shock mount, is this an easy job??

Anna-B
    Free Member

My spesh has a Fox triad, and it clicks for each of the 3 settings. I've always thought it's a really flimsy and poxy lever, but that doesn't sound right to me and I'd go back to seller.

edit TFT did a great job fixing my shock when it broke, good as new, might be worth paying for a service if it's 2nd hand.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    shepleg
    Free Member

the lockout position is floppy, as long as the lock out works. and there are no leaks from around the adjuster and it doesn't squeak or squelch when compressed in open or pro pedal position.
    If it does it will need a service as a a seal has blown. These can be problematic due to a seal on the control/meter rod inside getting caught.

shepleg
    Free Member

sorry need servicing every 12 months really, no i don't work for fox!

shepleg
    Free Member

bushing change is an easy job but you will need a bushing removal tool, which is about £20 (mojo/tf) plus the bush kit. Maybe easier to take to lbs for them to do, don't be tempted to use a socket or something as i'm sure somebody will suggest this as you may kna cker the eyelet in the shock £40 and a service to rectify.

tinsy
    Free Member

good shock… to be honest in use the pro pedal is so good you shouldnt really need to lock it out, becaue you have a full open setting they are able to really up the pro pedal setting on it, locked out the stumps are a severely hard ride…

I had the original 04 flavour one, what year stump have you bought?

They ditched it for 05, and went back to it again but in a 190mm length for the following years.

renton
    Free Member

cheers all,

ive swapped my enduro for a 06 stumpy as the enduro was just too heavy for the type of riding im aiming to do!!

well its a temp swap at mo to see if we are both happy!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘talk to me about fox triad shocks……….’ is closed to new replies.