Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Talk to me about Forest of Dean uplift
  • Legoman
    Free Member

So me and a mate have booked an uplift day with Flyup Downhill on Friday. We’re both first timers here & planning to get there in time for the first uplifts at 10am.

Anyway I was wondering:
    – will we cover all of it in a single day? If not, which bits are not to be missed?
    – I don’t have a full face helmet, or even elbow pads. Will I die?
    – any recomendations from the cafe lunch menu?

Cheers.

creamegg
    Free Member

Not done the uplift there yet but ive ridden most of the DH tracks in a day by pedalling up. Some trails we rode several times so with an uplift im sure youll do most.

Café: foods ok but due to the queue id take my own food.

smatkins1
    Free Member

Of you can find it all you can cover it in a single day. It’s not exactly obvious where the trail heads are from the drop off point. The driver/other riders will soon point you in the right direction though.

Elbow pads and Full face not essential, just don’t fall off 🙂

Watch out for wild boar!

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

Or eat the wild boar in a burger at the cafe

tops5
    Free Member

I managed them all in a day – didn’t have a full face but felt a bit out of place with all the full on turbo in yer face dh’ers (nice bunch tho).

Cafe was good

chrishc777
    Free Member

You’ll get all the ones you can find in a day, just don’t hang about. Off the van, along the fire road and down to the van again, if you start stopping and wasting time you lose out massively. First time with alot of stopping and looking at stuff we got 9 runs in, last time we got 16 by not hanging about

wilko1999
    Free Member

We’re on the uplift tomorrow and know where all the tracks are, marked and hidden so we’ll be happy to show you. Some of us ride with full face, some not, none of us are on DH bikes though and none of us are that fast either. Good, friendly uplift service 🙂 Weather looks terrible though, the bottom half of most of the tracks are proper rooty so will be well slippery

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Talk to me about Forest of Dean uplift’ is closed to new replies.