Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Talk to me about flooring
  • khani
    Free Member

Floors!!! I’ve been living in the land of floors lately, just finished the extension and done every room in the house,
    oak laminate on the landing, which you have to leave an expansion gap, didn’t want crappy beading round the edge, so ended up chiseling half an inch off the bottom of the skirts and doorframes so it looked right,
    reclaimed parquet in the front (looks lovely, had the clean and face 30m2, never again 😯 ),
    sanded, stained and varnished floorboards in bedrooms (easy and looks really nice)
    For the kitchen and wetroom we got the stuff used in hospitals, non slip, lasts forever and it even wears the dogs claws down rather than the dogs destroying it, loads of different colours available too, dear though 😕
    Welcome to Khanis world of floors!!! 😯

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Marmoleum is supposed to be good. You can create patterns, pictures n stuff too if you want. Hard wearing and allows your kitchen to look like a school or hospital corridor!

http://www.forbo-flooring.co.uk/Consumers/Products/Linoleum/

trout
    Free Member

Amtico no questions

here is one of my jobs

only issues you may have is the transition from concrete to wood
    the concrete will need checking out for damp

assuming it has no damp in it then it would be easier to overlay the whole floor with Ply 9 mm minimum and then fit the Amtico / lino / tiles / cushion floor / Karndean / polyflor / cuddly toy / hairdryer / teasmade / toaster / kettle / box of chocs/

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    molgrips
    Free Member

oak laminate on the landing

What did you do for the stairs?

khani
    Free Member

Carpet on the stairs

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpA0oPR_EOQ[/video]

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

trout, no doubt, that the workmanship is excellent but that is horrible.

And it should be done with wood. Not something that looks a bit like wood.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Talk to me about flooring’ is closed to new replies.