Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • talk to me about domain name registrations
  • captain_bastard
    Free Member

go easy – i am one step from being a luddite!

Looking to register a domain name, who’s best to use? Don’t have a site yet, but when i do, is it easy to move the domain name to whoever i choose to host?

Thanks

marcus7
    Free Member

I use 1&1, dunno about moving it tho

Drac

Reg 123 and no need to move just point the DNS at your hosting address.

captain_bastard
    Free Member

Thanks Drac

weeksy

Drac – Moderator
    Reg 123 and no need to move just point the DNS at your hosting address

same here

rocketman
    Free Member

GoDaddy

hels
    Free Member

GoDaddy for domain registration cheapest is £3.50 per year which gives you 100 email addresses as well, what for, I will never know. Blogger or WordPress for free hosting. WordPress prolly has a better wysiwyg and easier for novices to figure out but Blogger has much better analytics, IMHO of course.

Surprisingly easy to repoint the domain name with Go Daddy, if you can follow instructions, and be patient. My only complaint is the rather arcane log-in protocols.

helsbels
    Free Member

123reg for domains here as well and pointed to hosting website.

…and to save your next question I have used 1and1, united hosting or nativespace for hosting (all about equal i found in service terms!)

Cougar

GoDaddy aren’t particularly well regarded IME.

I use 123-reg also. Competitively priced and never had any problems.

bencooper
    Free Member

I use Easyspace – but domain registration is one of those things that’s pretty hard to mess up, so it doesn’t really matter. Who does the actual hosting of your website is more important.

thepurist

ISTR I had a bit of hassle sending system generated emails from something I was hosting with 1and1, needed a workaround/tweak. Depends what you want your site to be doing of course.

Have used 123 and 1and1, both hassle free (apart from the above)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘talk to me about domain name registrations’ is closed to new replies.