Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Talk to me about.. Copenhagen
  • Mikkel
    Free Member

I can see exactly where the Racist thing comes from.
    immigrants been the main issue in politics for so long now, that i am almost glad i don’t live there anymore.

Certain politicians will insist that they are not racist, but there is a very big “them and us” feeling many places in Denmark.
    Its not something you will really notice as oddjob say, unless you are not white.

Go to the west coast would be my advice ;0)

chewkw
    Free Member

I thought immigrants only flock to countries that have manufacturing capacity but Denmark? I only know bacon as the main export so not sure why immigrants go there.

Mikkel
    Free Member

Well according to Danish people party, they go there to steal and rape.
    Not to mention eat all the cake at local doctor surgeries.

oddjob
    Free Member

Apparently they invited a lot of Turks over in the 60s when there was a shortage of workers much as the UK did to Indians and others.

3 generations later they have become unwelcome…

The Danes think that they immigrants want to take advantage of the social security and avoid paying taxes and therefore cheat society they also seem to think that native Danes would never do that

chewkw
    Free Member

Mikkel – Member

Well according to Danish people party, they go there to steal and rape.
    Not to mention eat all the cake at local doctor surgeries.

Cakes at local doctor surgeries !? 😛 😯 😆 Woohoo! I AM definitely going so make sure you get the cake ready. Organic chocolate/vanilla please. I was banned for 18 days after missing one appointment at my local GP so any local GP with cakes will definitely get my vote. Banned for 18 days! FFS!

Steal & rape … hhhmmm … surely you get one or two bad apples that slipped through?

oddjob – Member

Apparently they invited a lot of Turks over in the 60s when there was a shortage of workers much as the UK did to Indians and others.

But which industry did they go into? I mean the Turks … bacon? Hog ridding? Thought they don’t eat bacon. UK is understandable.

molgrips
    Free Member

Lots of immigrants in all sorts of places you would not expect them. Many Turks in Helsinki for instance.

chewkw
    Free Member

molgrips – Member

Lots of immigrants in all sorts of places you would not expect them. Many Turks in Helsinki for instance.

Again what/which industry? I am really struggling to understand this.

If it is gun manufacturing in Finland … perhaps yes but what else? Farming? Suomi does that …

The only thing I can think of is kebab shop but how many kebab shops do you need there? 😯

molgrips
    Free Member

I dunno.

Many of them seem to own pizza parlours for some reason, and make absolutely heavenly pizza too. The best I’ve ever had in fact.

how many kebab shops do you need there?

Apparently lots! They are all sit down eateries though which is a bit weird – you get to eat your kebab with a knife and fork!

chewkw
    Free Member

molgrips – Member
    Apparently lots! They are all sit down eateries though which is a bit weird – you get to eat your kebab with a knife and fork!

So it’s some sort of “corner” shop but selling kebabs … LOL!

Kebab with knife & fork … 😆 Excellent!!!

Many of them seem to own pizza parlours for some reason, and make absolutely heavenly pizza too. The best I’ve ever had in fact.

Not a pizza person me so can’t judge any of them. I think I last ate pizza about 7 years ago and it tasted shite. Bloody rip off too. The reason they tasted good because they taste like nan bread … 😆 Try making one with proper lard … top with olive at the last minute.

Mikkel
    Free Member

I am sorry if i got your hopes up about the cake.
    Never experienced it myself and don’t know any who have, but still the before mentioned party came out using this as one of the problems with the immigrants.
    That due to their big families the doctors had to stop serving cakes as those families ate it all.
    And sadly i am not making this up.

Mikkel
    Free Member

And the immigrants in the 60-70s came as there was a general lack of workers.

molgrips
    Free Member

I am sorry if i got your hopes up about the cake.
    Never experienced it myself and don’t know any who have,

That’s cos the immigrants ate it all, dur.

Re the turkish pizza – huge, but with a base so thin it was like some kind of flexible bready tasting wafer that actually melted in your mouth and tasted amazing.

chewkw
    Free Member

Mikkel – Member
    That due to their big families the doctors had to stop serving cakes as those families ate it all.
    And sadly i am not making this up.

No more cake 😥 But I am sure if there is anything free it will vanish rather quickly. Human nature.

Sadly, many think of the promise land as paradise where they are welcome with opened arms. No sure why they get the idea from. Sad.

And the immigrants in the 60-70s came as there was a general lack of workers.

What did they do? Really I am puzzled.

molgrips – Member

Re the turkish pizza – huge, but with a base so thin it was like some kind of flexible bready tasting wafer that actually melted in your mouth and tasted amazing.

😯 That’s not pizza. That’s must be something else because pizza cannot taste good … well in my experience pizza are poorer cousin of nan bread. 😆 The toppings are a mixture of plastic cheese and some dry salty meat in thin slices. 😆

Mikkel
    Free Member

Ashamed to say i don’t really know what they did.
    But just been searching for info without to much luck.
    but i assume a lot worked in the heavy steel industry.
    One little article said the work was often “dark and dangerous”

DrJ

This is good news for me. The job would be with a well known shipping company, I assume their offices are down the docks, although working in IT I might not end up there.

I work for that company – feel free to mail me if I can help!

DrJ

The Danish Peoples Party, though a loathsome bunch of scum, are not entirely stupid, and have hitched their repulsive racist ideology to a bunch of populist policies about being nice to animals, helping ladies across the road etc. that appeals to a large segment of the population especially old people, so they get a vote which does not correspond (I hope) to the number of people who agree with their xenophobic agenda. I just wish the main parties would grow some and refuse to work with them.

chewkw
    Free Member

Mikkel – Member

Ashamed to say i don’t really know what they did.
    But just been searching for info without to much luck.
    but i assume a lot worked in the heavy steel industry.
    One little article said the work was often “dark and dangerous”

Luxury ship building? That’s a skill labour that North East loss out to many years ago. I am also not sure if they would fit into luxury shipbuilding industry but we can never know. Heavy steel … hmmm … that’s a new one to me with Denmark. I thought it was Sheffield only in those days … 😆

“dark & dangerous”? Cannot be true. The only place on earth that’s dark and dangerous is the mine shaft in the North East … 😆

Unless the meaning of “dark & dangerous” refer to criminal acts which I assume might be the case …

So unless they were hog riding or pig farming I am not sure where they could find work. The takeaways could only absorb so much so who feed the rest … hhhmmm …

chewkw
    Free Member

DrJ,

Is that M*e*sk you are referring to? I thought they are Ch*nese? Or at least being bought over by Ch*nese?

The party just doesn’t like funny looking people hanging around so can you blame them? 😆

Mikkel
    Free Member

was quite some ship building in Denmark.

They where not all build up on the Clyde.
    And i think a lot also worked on the farms of course, all those sugar beads needed weeding…..

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Talk to me about.. Copenhagen’ is closed to new replies.