Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 138 total)
  • Talk to me about bikes
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Nothing specific. Just tell me what’s going on in your bike world. Fed up of grumpiness in the real world.

Me, I’m considering putting the saddle from the Patriot on the Trek Superfly to make it more comfortable; servicing or modding the 66s yet again, and if I should get mud tyres for the Salsa or the Trek.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

26 is dead.
    😆

SaxonRider

I spent yesterday cleaning all of mine from top to bottom, including a complete drivetrain degrease. Then I used frame polish.

They look fantastic! 8)

molgrips
    Free Member

Surely a bit pointless given the season we are about to head into?

PS evening rides this week

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

After getting my MTB nicked 3 years ago, just got another on eBay. Genesis Latitude steel hardtail. Planning some adventures.

Turning my gravel bike (Planet X London Road) into a winter commuter with 28mm tyres and mudguards.

Turned up to the club ride on my road bike yesterday, but ‘cos it was raining, no-one else was out. time to find a new club 🙄

bikebouy
    Free Member

Change of tyres on the CXer I reckon, Almanzos have been great for the dry hardpack we had two weeks ago last Tuesday 😆 Might slam on Baby Limus since I’ve got 4 new sets in my cupboard doing zilch… then head up Kingly Vale for some forest blasting..

Should I sell my R5ca ? Damn, been used three times this year… love it to like “death” ya’ but every time I walk in the spare room to grab a surfboard or CXer I feel sooooo darnnnnnn guilty.
    Man.

downhillfast
    Free Member

Not a lot, all quiet here.

NormalMan

Thought I had some spare presta valve cores but after a load of searching it would appear not.

That was as good as it got today!

lazlowoodbine
    Free Member

I’ve been getting back in to riding this summer after an injury last year and a few lean years before that, I have been loving it! Building up more bikes than I need out of bits I’ve had laying around and a few ebay bargains. Realising that 9 speed and 26″ wheels are not cutting edge any more and then realising I couldn’t give less of a shit, it’s been great.

Just dicking about on bikes, brilliant.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

That LOUD noise was a spoke going.

5 miles home on a wobbly wheel.

moose
    Free Member

I’ve had my Capra AL for 9 months now, made a few changes, it’s running nice now, just need to have a good think about the rear shock, Monarch Plus R. Just seems to blow through the travel, back end feels really unresponsive; debating either a better air shock or a coil. Something like CCDB maybe.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I want a new road bike but really have no ideas at the moment – other than not a roubaix

slowbloke
    Free Member

I got soaked every day last week riding in North Wales. Came home Friday after riding the Marin trail and just about managed to dry everything out and got soaked up on Dartmoor again today due to torrential rain and large deep puddles. In addition to this my new bike has been delayed – apparently due to the wheels not being available.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Just back from 3 weeks road riding in French and Swiss Alps and Belgian Ardennes so having a few recovery days.

Signed up for 2018 tour of Cambridge gran fondo with a view to qualifying for the worlds in Varese, Italy (hilly and pretty so an excuse for a holiday).

CX bikes to maintain and prep before the season starts in a couple of weeks.

Should get around to fitting the Exxotic CF forks I bought for the Wazoo fat bike a few months ago, as it’s effectively my winter MTB.

Idly browsing the 50%-off Slates as n+1 (and I have 9 bikes, 10 is such a nice round number).

I want a new road bike but really have no ideas at the moment – other than not a roubaix

don’t surf the Wheelbase sale….

hairyscary

I fell off mine at a very wet Coed-y-Brenin on Tuesday. It hurt.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

THM – Paralane.

jonnyboi

Rode a sportive earlier then had quality man cave time with the new cannondale slate,

swapped the drive train to 46T chainring and 11-32 cassette, added a mid cage mech and fitted a sweet pair of stans mk3 rims on plus tubeless tan sidewall WTB resolutes. Must get some pics up 😉

BigJohn

I didn’t ride this morning. I guess it was a touch of my annual melancholy as I realise the summer’s gone.

Still we had a bit of fun this afternoon going to a birthday party a couple of miles away (and back) on our bikes, albeit in our nice clothes.

Tomorrow looks a nice windsurfing day before picking the 7 y.o. grandson up from school. If his dad drops his bike off at school it’s my favourite ride of the week. 3 miles back to ours having a nice 1 to 1 chat.

whitestone
    Free Member

Just converted my old commuter, an Alfine equipped Pompetamine, to single speed. Did my first SS rides yesterday and today. I’d only ever ridden a fixed on a track before, just the once, so quite a novelty. I think the three lads on road bikes got a shock when I passed them yesterday – unfortunately just after they started to wheel suck my rear wheel slipped and the chain jumped 🙁

A learning curve.

IdleJon

I’ve got a meeting in Cornwall tomorrow followed by either a stay in a hotel or a long drive home. Tempted to take the new bike for a ride on Dartmoor if the latter. Now, what’s the weather going to do…

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Thx CPN but after my roubaix test, the words comfortable and endurance put me off!

I like responsive, fast and twitchy I think

joemmo
    Free Member

New cxcrossgraventure style frame coming this week so looking forward to some cave time building that up then a race at the weekend in which I am aiming not to die or come last.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Mostly riding BMX at the moment. Its frustrating as I really need to ride a couple of time a week to make progress but go away with a lot then come back and feeling all wobbly. Lots of mind games too coming back to it in mid / late 30s. Coming back to BMX is the best thing I have done in the past few years. Great community, less to no bull shit about bikes, minimal hassel riding.

Really want to try and organise an uplift day to somewhere in south wales at the moment but syncing work others and a non booked up time is hard.

Want to try and build a new commuter too. 26″ inbred with slot dropouts frame would be a good start for a flexible multi function commuter but finding one is now becoming quite hard. Simple mtb frames now seem to be rare!

PJay
    Free Member

I forgot to put the plunger back in the bleed funnel before unscrewing it 🙁

simondbarnes

I am trying to decide which rim to buy to replace the knackered Open Pro on my 853 Equilibrium. So few decent silver options around. I may have to get a black one despite silver (dura ace) hub. I’ve then got the dilemma of silver or black spokes. I wish for simpler times.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Why not just another openpro? Or have these stopped production?

richardkennerley

Not ridden since the Ardrock, hopefully getting out on Thursday this week. Not sure where to go yet, thinking about Settle but not decided. Got a new pack to try out. Really looking forward to it!!

jonnyboi

Quite pleased with how this is looking

sirromj

Decided to turn my commuter hardtail more winter commuter bike and put the full mud guards back on it. Front forks have gone from full-suspension to rigid since fitting them last so needed new bits to make them fit in the position because now more clearance allowed as no arch with rigid forks. So not yet fitted front mudguard. Fitted rear full mudguard. Needed to change tyre as not enough clearance for 2.1 so replaced with a “2.1” tyre. Thought mudguards look silly with dropper post so took that off and put spd pedals back on as winter boots are spd.

slowster
    Free Member

simondbarnes – Member

I am trying to decide which rim to buy to replace the knackered Open Pro on my 853 Equilibrium. So few decent silver options around.

H Plus Son TB14

leffeboy

Changed the angle of the bars and position of levers on my stoater and I’m much happier now. Sometimes you just have to take time to get things set up properly

superstu
    Free Member

All of my bikes are filthy and I need to clean them.

Looking for some forks for my iroko then helping my brother to build a whyte 901.

Probably go out on my arkose for a quick spin tomorrow. Just back from a wedding abroad and shocked at how badly the weather has turned. Feels full on winter. Was only gone for days!!

simondbarnes

Why not just another openpro?

Because I want something different. I’ve used Open Pros for 15 years. I could wait for the new Open Pro although they’re likely to be £££££

H Plus Son TB14

Yeah, looked at those. Don’t really want to pay that much though.

moose
    Free Member

That’s my girl, she’s getting there.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Judging from my dark side and my cadence, Ulrich is a better model for me than Armstrong – cadence wise alone

core

Soul sat in the shed unridden for three weeks, Bird Aeris 120 frame sat in the dining room, second hand Arkrose arriving next weekend…….

Thinking I’ll just ride that to get fit and shed a few pounds for now and ponder the mtb thing a bit further, riding buddies all gone quiet.

Need a 142-148 hub adapter kit, might get some spacers made by a friend, thinking could possibly do a run of them……

weeksy

Fitted a new less ugly stem on the t130.

Parkwood got new grips, sponge ones for Zwift action

Isaac got a new gear cable but I still can’t index all 10 years on the Campag setup

Mrs weeksy is home for this evening for first time in a week, so I’ve not ridden outdoors as I’ve had my lad full time. Sadly, 9.30am tomorrow, she goes away for 2 weeks, so indoors on Zwift again.

chakaping
    Free Member

Had my debut ride on a new bike yesterday eve, it was damn fine – despite comically wet conditions.

oldfart

Just returned from The Ultimate BC trip with Sacred Rides , rode in Fernie,Rossland,Revelstoke,New Denver , Golden ( inc Kicking Horse ) 12 days straight 9000m of climbing 14000 m of descending most days started with a 3500ft climb ! How the hell do I top that ? Summers all but gone 🙁

Rorschach
    Free Member

Winters coming…..cba’d

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 138 total)

The topic ‘Talk to me about bikes’ is closed to new replies.