Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Talk to me about AM / Enduro bikes
  • specialdrifter
    Free Member

Looking at buying a new bike in the summer, a full sus to compliment my hardtail spesh rock hopper expert.

I live on an island and the terrain is so mixed!

I have been eying up the spesh enduro comp 26.

What bikes for 2.5k for am / enduro would you recommend?

I_Ache
    Free Member

Enduro is good. I have just gone from an enduro evo to a stumpy carbon with the same build kit.

The stumpy feels like a much better bike for general riding and is much lighter. The stumpy can do everything I can do and more but helps me on the climbs where I am crap.

allmountainventure
    Free Member

Trek Remedy. Very fun bike to ride down and a breeze to ride up. You’ll get a good bike for that money.

Trek Remedy’s aren’t quite the bike they used to be – they come with Fox 32 noodles up front for a start nowadays

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I was looking at the same thing and I narrowed it down to:

Specialized Stumpy evo fsr
    Banshee Spitfire
    Giant Trance
    Devinci Troy XP

Ultimately I decided I wanted to go 650b and that ruled out the stumpy. But if I’d have found a 2013 evo I’d have bought it 100%

I went with the Devinci in the end. Couldn’t beat the pike/reverb stealth build.

tomaso
    Free Member

Jerome Clementz seems to make a Cannondale Jekyll do the business. Jared Graves makes a Yeti do it too and Gracia on a Santa Cruz etc etc.

backtothetop
    Free Member

Orange alpine! just built one up and its awesome, doing the megavalnche on it his year. previous full suss’s which this is better then in all aspects are 2012 giant trance (fully upgraded to high spec) and specialized status.

Climbs really well and goes down faster then im used to yet.

I_Ache
    Free Member

An alpine is better DH than a status(a DH bike)?

brokenbanjo

Norco Sight

Northwind

Little Remedy (650b one) is a weird bike, great fun to ride, and slow as a dog. The 29er is a stunner though.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Rocky Mtn Altitude, & instrinct
    If your chucking Alpine around then look at the Heckler

What island do you live on and do you get off it at all?

specialdrifter
    Free Member

Isle of Wight

and yes i leave it regularly

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Talk to me about AM / Enduro bikes’ is closed to new replies.