Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • TALK TALK (the group) – Forgot how good they were!
  • zangolin
    Free Member

TV Channel surfing this morning + came across Talk Talk playing live at 1986 Montrose festival. Forgot just how good Mark Hollis + his group were.

Just downloaded their first 4 albums – listening to them reminds me so much of Radiohead + plenty of other band which followed.

firestarter
    Free Member

madness lol i watched that same concert on sky arts the other day and it reminded me how good they were 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

aye Talk Talk were well underrated, great stuff.

What I find impressive about Madness…Suggs was only 16 when they became successful.

RichPenny
    Free Member

If you like the later stuff, then Hollis has a self titled solo album which is equally good. Also Orang, which is the bassist and drummer, have put out a couple of good albums, more earthy and fuller type of sound. The bassist also collaborated with Beth Gibbons as Rustin Man, fantastic.

zangolin
    Free Member

ichPenny – Member
    If you like the later stuff, then Hollis has a self titled solo album which is equally good.

Was reading about that – have just ordered a copy from Play for 3.99

zangolin
    Free Member

Just spotted Talk Talk live at Montrose is repeated later on tonight (Sun 12th Jul) on Sky Arts, channel 256 at 17.25hrs set you Sky+

pantsonfire
    Free Member

Read this thread then went in the loft and dragged out a box of CDs I hadnt listened to in years right at the bottom was Spirit of Eden played it through then repeated. your right they were good pity I dont have sky will have to ask my sis to record it for me.

CountZero

Saw that film several months ago and wondered why I never saw them live. I loved them from the first album, in fact the first I knew of them was on a tv programme called 'David Essex' Showcase', which did exactly that, showcase new talent. I bought Talk Talk's single and one by a female singer called Stevie Lang, who is now a music coach. I wish Talk Talk would get back together like many others have…

RichPenny
    Free Member

No chance of a reunion really, as Hollis has quit music 🙁 Closest I got to seeing them live was watching Paul Webb and Lee Harris back Beth Gibbons which was great. There have been rumours of a third Orang album which would be cool. Also saw Bon Iver do a cover of I Believe In You which knocked me for six.

Right, have to put some on now 🙂

matthewjb
    Free Member

Great thread.

Just queued up Spirit of Eden on iTunes.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘TALK TALK (the group) – Forgot how good they were!’ is closed to new replies.