Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Talk Talk customer service.
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

So crap I lost it, & told them to cancel my DD.

Spoke to four different people in Sath Ifrica yesterday & could hardly understand a word, (pity about my Afrikaans not being what it used to be). All I needed was a new router (as this one’s only working with a cable connecting the computer)
    1st bloke tries to set me up with a Freeview box, a router AND a new 12 month contract, told him where to stick it & just send me a router so he puts me on to someone else, 2nd person tells me they’d do a line check & to ring back from a mobile in 15 mins, 3rd person says there’s nothing wrong with the line (no shit Sherlock, how do you think I called in the 1st place) & did I have a screwdriver handy so I could take the BT box apart (??), 4th person was in the accounts dept & didn’t even ask why I was cancelling. (I must have spent 45 mins in total saying, ‘sorry can you repeat that, I can’t understand what your’e saying!)
    COS YOUR’E A BUNCH OF INEPT, HARD TO UNDERSTAND MONEY GRABBING TOSSERS, thats why.

bigblackshed

Punctuation: check.
    Capitals: check.
    Good build up to shouting at the end.
    Not enough random speelin mistaks.

5/10

FWIW. I’ve had similar but the call centre was somewhere in India, maybe. I’m no longer with Talk Talk after they told me my line fault was due to “my” cable from the pole across the street.

somouk
    Free Member

Yep I had a similar experience with another one of their call centres when I had the signal on my broadband dropping out at peak periods. Being a home based worker it wasn’t good enough so I left them after getting nothing from them, even their second line support weren’t too helpful.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    spacemonkey

The annoying* thing about budget providers like Talk Talk is that I know quite a few people that use them and don’t have any bloody problems. Ever. And they pay peanuts too. Yet I still don’t trust they or any similar company because I know it’ll go t1ts up as soon as I sign up. Can’t be done with the hassle.

* annoying for me, not for those that use them and have no issues

john_l
    Free Member

Worst customer service in the world. Truly awful.

stumpy01

Customer service rubbish and actual service rubbish too.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I won’t even step foot into a Car-phone Warehouse store any more after they sold us Talk Talk broadband and phone over 10 years so.

Woefully bad customer service, broadband that was slower and less reliable than dial up.

When we joined we chased up our router, they sent one out, 3 weeks later, chased the router up, they sent one out, 3 weeks later chased up our router, they sent one out, 3 weeks later chased up our router, they sent one out, one arrived, broadband didn’t work.

What a bloody nightmare Talk Talk were.

arcing
    Free Member

Only been with talktalk for 3 months and the service is terrible. I’ve lodged 4 separate complaints. One woman in Mexico accused me of lying about something they clearly state on their website. When I moved phone and BB they didn’t even bother contacting Sky to move my account despite that being the whole point of transferring your number.

Sandwich

When is a fixed IP address not a fixed IP address? When TalkTalk change it because OpenReach are working in the exchange. Business line with an e-mail server on it relying on the IP address to work. I found out what had happened when I rang them to ask why e-mail had gone quiet!

A complete and utter shower of ****

ourmaninthenorth

Essel and any other TT customers with issues, please mail me and I’ll get it looked into by the top level customer service team. Email in profile. Serious offer. Tom

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I should add, by the time our router arrived and we found out the service was pants, we were outside our 30 day get out period.

We got a massive bill for all the dial up internet dial up costs despite us paying for internet access we couldn’t access because we had no router.

Been with sky ever since we escaped TT and they’ve been brilliant.

I really can’t say anything good about TT.

Flaperon

When is a fixed IP address not a fixed IP address? When TalkTalk change it because OpenReach are working in the exchange. Business line with an e-mail server on it relying on the IP address to work. I found out what had happened when I rang them to ask why e-mail had gone quiet!

A complete and utter shower of ****

Not knocking the fact that Talk Talk are truly terrible, but why on earth did you hang a business critical server on the UKs cheapest broadband service with no redundancy in place?

aazlad
    Free Member

Truly awful. Our router broke a few weeks ago. Two engineers came to the house and didn’t spot the issue. Plugged in. My old BT router and it worked.

fazanders
    Free Member

Bag a sh1te! Glad to see the back of them. Wouldn’t go back to them if they paid me

Sandwich

Not knocking the fact that Talk Talk are truly terrible, but why on earth did you hang a business critical server on the UKs cheapest broadband service with no redundancy in place?

We’re on a business tariff, not a domestic one at the office. (The choice of supplier wasn’t up to me, if it was we would be with a proper ISP which would cost a bit more).

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Essel and any other TT customers with issues, please mail me and I’ll get it looked into by the top level customer service team. Email in profile. Serious offer. Tom

Thanks Tom but too late, & by the sounds of it they really need to sort their shit out.

souldrummer
    Free Member

Judging by the above, I must be extremely lucky. I have had no problems with them since I joined them. Well tbh they did lose an order but it was sorted quickly; seems the trainee hadn’t actually processed the order. As a contrast, a couple of months ago my phone and broadband had dropped off, but was fixed within 24 hrs. Hope I now haven’t jinxed myself!!

daveh
    Free Member

Nope, me too. Been with them for years without issue. My broadband is >twice the speed of the norm for these parts, when I did have an issue TalkTalk were very good, Openreach less so but still all resolved within a week or so (line fault). Happy enough, no reason to move.

martinxyz
    Free Member

Been with TT and so far haven’t had to call them since the AOL days. This is what I’m currently getting along with a problem in the house where if a light is switched on, it stalls the connection. Not ideal but it does for most things.

bearnecessities

I just tried that speedtest thing…

Not bad for an 8mb Plusnet service??

EDIT: Eh?!!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Talk Talk customer service.’ is closed to new replies.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts