Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Talk me out of it…
  • atlaz
    Free Member

I’m about to get a new bike and I can either get the cheaper model (cheaper but still a lot of bike) or the bling model. I can afford both but the northener in me is saying that I should go cheap but the magpie in me wants the bling model. Magpie is winning.

wwaswas

go bling and avoid expensive future upgrades.

donsimon
    Free Member

Isn’t it supposed to be the things that you don’t do that you regret, rather than things that you do do?

Go bling.

meehaja
    Free Member

Bling. Iys cheaper to buy it upfront and bettter for the environment as you wont be packing away perfectly useful components never to be used again, just because they don’t say XTR/hope on them. Also, think of the carbon foot print of buying more new components.

Just buy the best you can afford.

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

BLING, BLING ALL THE WAY!!

wwaswas

have we talked you out of it yet?

atlaz
    Free Member

Completely failed in your attempts. Which was what I was looking for of course.

chakaping
    Free Member

Wish I’d asked you lot this when buying my last bike.

Now regretting not going more bling.

Do it!

kudos100
    Free Member

Depends how much the cheaper bike is. I can’t see the point of spending more money on something that isn’t going to make much of a difference to how I ride.

MountainMutant
    Free Member

I was going to buy a Cannondale 6 road bike with 105 groupset. I couldn’t sleep at night so bought the Cannondale Super Six with Ultegra.

No regrets 😀 😀 :mrgreen:

MM

wwaswas

I can’t see the point of spending more money on something that isn’t going to make much of a difference to how I ride.

What sort of attitude is that to come on here with 😉

philconsequence
    Free Member

bling

unleash your inner pimp!!

gravity-slave
    Free Member

It’s better to spend too much and waste a little than to spend too little and waste the lot.

z1ppy

Depend on how bling it is to me.
    Not personnally interested in XTR/X0 as it wont make me a riding god, and will only cost more to replace later (chainrings/broken mech’s). That and I wouldn’t buy XTR to fit (XT at a push), so why would I want it on my bike in the first place.
    Spend the extra on training/holiday/new clothes/present for your other half.

What the bike?

Bregante

I can afford both but the northener in me is saying that I should go cheap

This is a bit too much detail and it’s obviously none of my business here but I’d say you need to get yourself a new fella if he’s trying to talk you out of buying a new bike that way! 😯 😉

atlaz
    Free Member

Went bling. I’m weak, what can I say?

Anyone want to buy a much modified Trance? 😉

peteimpreza

So what is it? Pictures?

atlaz
    Free Member

Pics when it turns up mid next week. However it’s a Mondraker Dune XR (obviously not at full retail, I’m not THAT tempted by bling).

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Talk me out of it…’ is closed to new replies.