Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Talk about mis-selling an item… ebay content.
  • renton
    Free Member

I have been watching ebay for turner 5 spots and noticed this one on there…….

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TURNER-5-Spot-10-SPEED-Mountain-Bike-Custom-Build-Size-Small-/271289789542?pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item3f2a21ac66

Now he is claiming thast just because its had a repaint and new bushes its a new bike and never been ridden????

How the f$%k can he get away with that as its a 2005 frame ???

Baffles me ?

singletrackstinker
    Free Member

Trigger’s broom?

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Hugely overpriced too imo, despite the nice kit and respray etc

davosaurusrex

That is taking the proverbial, reckon the seller is a she though

tops5
    Free Member

Cheeky so and so! I sold mine (frame and bits) for £400.00

renton
    Free Member

He also has a set of ODI ruffian lock ons for £29.99!!

DanW
    Free Member

If it bothers you and you feel it is misleading then report the item.

The description is ambiguous but it should be “New Other” at the very most as “new” is brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging. “New Other” is still new, unused item with absolutely no signs of wear which may be roughly right but still pushing it.

Charging £2250… now that’s really pushing it 😀 Still is some mug will pay it then that is what it is worth

zilog6128

The description is ambiguous

“ambiguous” is pretty generous to the seller. I would go for “an outright lie” given they claim this is the item condition:

New: A brand-new, unused, unopened and undamaged item in original retail packaging

renton
    Free Member

I know!

Some poor bugger will buy it thinking they are getting a new bike which infact could be a ride away from cracking!

richmtb

I’m going to take a wild stab in the dark and suggest it won’t sell at that price.

For reference I got a genuinely new 2010 DW 5spot frame (never built up shop ex display) for £622

So that seller is optimistic at best

snakeysnuggles
    Free Member

Sounds like he will have a ‘bike sitting pretty’ then

orangeboy
    Free Member

Two to many chain rings and the wrong wheel size
    Its dommed

Is a little bit naughty in his description but does say what age and what he’s done to it

Oh and I would e surprised if tim had been near his shock Personaly lol

honourablegeorge

He also claims it’s a 10 speed bike, but it has a front mech. BURN HIM.

wordnumb
    Free Member

I’m assuming if you are looking seriously at this listing then you are already used to the best when it comes to mountain bikes.

Or, I’m assuming if you are looking seriously at this listing then you are already familiar with the STW truism that a lick of paint and a sticker makes anything good as brand spanking new.

faz083
    Free Member

Condition:
    Used: An item that has been previously used. The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear, but is fully operational and functions as intended. This item may be a floor model or an item that has been returned to the seller after a period of use. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections.

/thread

?

zilog6128

^^^^ fair play to the seller, someone’s obviously pointed it out to him/her and they’ve updated the listing as above (also now shows which components ARE new which is fair enough)

renton
    Free Member

Still about a grand over priced though!

Coyote
    Free Member

If it’s over priced, it won’t sell.

tonyd

Nice looking bike. BUT the tube valves aren’t lined up correctly with the writing on the tyres. For that reason, aaam oot.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Talk about mis-selling an item… ebay content.’ is closed to new replies.