Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Talk about flogging a dead horse
  • jimster01

Whilst I think Led Zeppelin have a lot of influence, how many more times does Jimmy Page have to keep reinventing the remastered the original tapes?

Latest Led Zeppelin reissues/pension fund?

Almost as bad as Jimi Hendrix releasing a new album every other year.

racefaceec90

there’s a lady who knows ….. 😉

gordimhor

And she’s buying a remastered box set

CountZero

Oh crap, when this was first mooted, it was suggested that Jimmy was going to be locked out of the editing suite, after he cocked up the original re-masters set, but he’s obviously got his hands on the tapes.
    There’s a bunch of people who should have been given this job to do; Page isn’t one of them.
    Bugger. 😐

Almost as bad as Jimi Hendrix releasing a new album every other year.

Except for the fact he isn’t, ‘cos he’s dead. There is a lot of either nearly finished, or finished but not mastered, material turning up in archives, same as there does for other artists, because it wasn’t thought to be commercial at the time, or just wasn’t completed; Johnny Cash being a perfect example, an album’s worth of songs has just come to light, completely finished, but the record company turned it down because it didn’t fit what they saw as commercial at the time, and it was forgotten.

sq225917
    Free Member

I shall buy the vinyl multipack versions, wait until someone I know and trust buys them, listen to his and keep or sell depending on the level of butchery. I have the Quiex pressing versions 1-4 so they’ll have to be bloody good to better those.

jimster01

Thing is there was the remasters 1&2, early and latter days, the BBC sessions (acceptable inclusion p, studio remasters, mothership, celebration day.

Why doesn’t page just form a band and show he can still do it?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Talk about flogging a dead horse’ is closed to new replies.