Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Tales of a Stolen Bike
  • nigelb001
    Free Member

Let me tell you a bit about myself. I am a Mongoose IBOC Comp SX frame. I was born in 1997 in Taiwan but spent my first two years alone and unwanted in a distributor warehouse until I was sent to a bike shop near Pontypridd where my master bought me in an end-of-line sale. This did nothing for my confidence but I soon grew to like my master who lavished a lot of love on me. He fitted a lot of nice parts to me such as Pace RC36 forks, nice Mavic rims, Continental tyres, Shimano LX stuff and bright shiny red Shimano DX brakes. I felt good and wanted, but I never forgave him for fitting those Sugino cranks, I guess he run out of money.

Life was rosy for the next thirteen years. My master used me a lot but kept me clean, made sure I had regular oil and occasionally treated me to new tyres, grips and a few other shiny things – but no purple anodised stuff, thank goodness. Life was good.

However, this came to an abrupt halt on a cold January night in 2012 when some shady men got into my home and carried me away. Well, my mind was in a whirl – I’d been bikenapped! Its all a blur after that but eventually I finished up in a car boot sale. I was so unhappy and missing my master. After a few hours someone came along and paid a small amount of money (I’m sure I was worth more) and took me away. Apparently I had a new owner, but he wasn’t like my master. He never fed me with oil, threw me about, didn’t clean me – I was maltreated! I was so unhappy and losing the will to live, I’m sure I looked terrible and had forgotten what an allen key looked like.

Things changed last Saturday. My bad owner left me propped up against the window of JD Sports in Caerphilly while he bought some trainers. Imagine my surprise when I saw my master approaching in the distance, apparently it was quite by chance as he hardly ever goes to Caerphilly – well who does? I recognised him straight away. As he got closer he looked at me and I saw that he recognised me too even though I was dirty, chipped and looking so forlorn.

My heart started pounding and I heard him say to his mistress “Bloody hell, that’s my bike!”. Maybe things were looking up. My bad owner took a long time to choose his trainers thank goodness and in the meantime my masters mistress went off to the local police station. My master stayed close to me but out of sight of the shop front and waited, hoping that bad owner wouldn’t come out. A few minutes later my masters mistress returned with two nice community police ladies when my master explained everything. Soon my bad owner came out where the police ladies collared him and asked him a lot of questions. At this point a proper policeman came and confiscated me from my bad owner and took me to the safety of a nice police station.

I was there until today when my master and PC Nichols (who was the police lady my master originally reported my theft to) came. My master showed them photographs of when I was in my prime signed a statement and took me home. Oh, happy days!

I hope they punish the bad men but right now I’m firmly locked up in my old home which is much more secure now and alarmed too, but I couldn’t help noticing a few other shiny bikes in there so I think I’m going to have to share my master from here on. One of them is called Giant Anthem and has suspension on the back too, the other is an older brother called Mongoose Amplifier 2 who is even older than me, imagine that! But that doesn’t matter, at least I’ll have some company now. I have spoken to my master who told me he missed me and that he is going to make me better, but it might take a little time and money. He even said he’d ditch those darned Sugino cranks!

So things are looking up. I think maybe this is going to be a happy ending and we’ll all live happily ever after.

Now, if I could just get to a computer, I’d tell you my story. Where did he put that Atari 520ST?

Liftman

:mrgreen:

Ambrose

Great news

khani
    Free Member

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Nice!

jock-muttley

made me cry… love a happy ending 😉

Markie
    Free Member

😀

jekkyl

Splendid

iamsporticus
    Free Member

great story

any pics of Ms Dibbles????

crikey
    Free Member

Great news, except you’ve told the people who stole it that there are more bikes to steal from exactly the same place… 🙄

nigelb001
    Free Member

Great news, except you’ve told the people who stole it that there are more bikes to steal from exactly the same place…

Its like Fort Knox now!

khani
    Free Member

It’s a bit dusty in here…

Scapegoat

“Great news, except you’ve told the people who stole it that there are more bikes to steal from exactly the same place…”

Try and keep up. If the ****-wit that stole his bike reads whimsical posts on STW I’ll eat my hat

crikey
    Free Member

Its like Fort Knox now!

It’s a shed.
    It’s 2 or 3 minutes extra work for a thief, and they know what’s in there now.

Sorry to wee in your shoes.

composite
    Free Member

😀

nigelb001
    Free Member

It’s a shed.
    It’s 2 or 3 minutes extra work for a thief, and they know what’s in there now.

Sorry to wee in your shoes

Fortunately paranoia is not part of my life.

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

🙂 😥 😀

yorlin
    Free Member

They couldn’t break in again, and start a new chapter, I believe that in my heart!

wwaswas

Sorry to wee in your shoes.

but not sorry enough to not actually do it?

good story OP 🙂

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Tales of a Stolen Bike’ is closed to new replies.