Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • TALAS 2011 anyone using it and feedback?
  • jamesb
    Free Member

Although veering to a fixed tarvel fork of 140 / 150 (ie my other thread at moment!) am slightly considering TALAS but is it robust and trouble free?

chojin
    Free Member

I love my talas forks.

and that’s all I have to say about that!

jamesb
    Free Member

is that teh 2011 version 150 / 120 you love or an older TALAS?

chojin
    Free Member

2010 talas 32’s
    100/120/140mm travel.

Had no problems with them so far

catnash
    Free Member

2011 talas 140 rlc with that kashmeer coating, very predictable at all ends of travel, lovely small bump compliance. 10 hours of use and breaking in niceley.

neninja
    Free Member

2011 140 RLC Kashima here too – replaced the 09 Talas 140 RLC I was using.

Rated the 09’s very highly but the 2011 smooth out small bumps better and have remarkably little stiction for an adjustable travel fork. Feel more plush than the 09’s for the same level of sag.

Recommended as far I my own experience is concerned.

Trimix
    Free Member

Ive been riding them since Sept on my Transiton Covert. Absolutley brilliant. Both the compression and rebound actually make a big noticable difference with just a little twiddleing. The travel adjuster is quick and even when its in short travel the forks still work as well as in long – just less travel. Brilliant. Five months of riding in this shite weather – no problems, works fine. You can set them up to whatever suits you.

They do give you a great deal of confidence – which will probably end in tears at some point as I bite off more than I can chew.

Trimix
    Free Member

Oh yes, I find the two settings are fine. The lower one is enough to keep the front planted on the steepest of climbs. I could ride the flat with it lowered, but the bike is set up for 6 inches, so I leave it fully extended for everything except granny spinning climbs.

They work really well in the lower setting, so much so, I only notice Ive forgotten to adjust them back to full travel due to the geometry change, not the lack of suspension.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘TALAS 2011 anyone using it and feedback?’ is closed to new replies.