Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Taking your job seriously
  • nickc

There's a chicken 'processing' plant in town. When the wind blows in the wrong direction, the stench up here is something to behold, so I call the chap up from the factory to come and have a chat.

"Hmmmm" he says to me "Smells like Feather water residue with a hint of by-product." I laughed, turns out he was serious…

I really don't ever want to be that familiar with the smells from a chicken nugget factory… 😯

molgrips
    Free Member

One job at chicken factories is 'chicken sexer'. My dad knew a lad whose only job skill was chicken sexing.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I've always wondered what it smells like in a Mortuary, when it's full on open for business.

That must be grim.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Chicken sexer… really??? 🙄

jahwomble
    Free Member

"I've always wondered what it smells like in a Mortuary, when it's full on open for business."

I used to go out with a girl and her Dad owned a funeral parlour, and it mostly just smelt "chemically" a bit like a swimming pool really. Apparently at room temp, most bodies dont get very whiffy till about three days. The funeral home was always kept cool and people generally did not get left lying about unembalmed for very long. Obviously there'll be exceptions but that seemed to be the general situation.

highclimber
    Free Member

chicken sh1t smells worse than human excrement!

vdubber67
    Free Member

I used to work opposite a chicken factory many years ago. When we went out for a fag breaks some days the smell was enough to make you retch. Horrible…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Taking your job seriously’ is closed to new replies.