Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Taking the pi55?
  • Jamie
    Free Member

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

“The author of her own misfortune”

Yep. Damn right.

martinhutch

Which Roman emperor was she suing?

Swelper
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9foi342LXQE[/video]

Harry_the_Spider

Wee in her own shoes?

D0NK

Which ambulance chaser respectable law firm took that to court?

Out for 6 and a half hours and only drunk 5 (single) vodka and cokes, that’s impressive restraint (or a whopper of a fib)

scaredypants

“When she went around the corner, I knew what she was going to do and I said ‘you can’t wee here’ and we walked to the wall.”
    Mrs Bristow said she stopped Mrs Driver because she would get a fine if a police car came along and saw her urinating.

Should rule against her mate, surely ?

peterfile
    Free Member

I detest the attitude of some people, that someone should be made to compensate them for their own mistakes. It’s surely motivated by nothing but greed.

Much prefer the usual third world country response when you ask them “Can I do this? Can I go here? Am I OK to do this?”….”I don’t know…are you?!” i.e. take responsibility for yourself.

It’s like that daft lady who jumped off from the top of a climb at Craggy Island and broke her foot, then sued for damages on the basis that no one told her she shouldn’t jump off. 👿

Nico
    Free Member

Nice turn of phrase that. “Author of her own misfortune”. I’ll use that I think.

pondo

Let’s hope the roman wall place can now sue her for trespass. 🙂

globalti
    Free Member

I wonder which “no win-no fee” high street solicitor lead her into that one?

peterfile
    Free Member

I know it’s easy to pin the blame on the lawyer, but I’m willing to be most of these start off with the injured person feeling aggrieved and then realising they could be “entitled” to a bit of cash. I’m not sure that many lawyers trawl the streets looking for people with an actionable issue (although I’m pretty sure some do!).

Ambulance chasers definitely created the culture though, and the ones linked with motor insurance companies are most certainly up to no good.

jekkyl

surely in this case it’d be ‘no win no wee’

brakes
    Free Member

silly Kent

CountZero

^ Wot he sed.

MoreCashThanDash

There have always been these sensible judgements, even when I was doing injury work back in the 90s. They tend not to get noticed or reported, while the sensational £30k for a broken nail gets all over the tabloids.

Looks to me lime the case hinged on the fact that the site wasn’t dangerous, iirc if the site was dangerous she may have succeeded, even as a drunk trespasser, in the same way you can’t put broken glass on a wall to keep burglars out. Can’t remember the legislation though.

D0NK

Can’t remember the legislation though.

seem to remember a story about a thief falling through a window or a window frame falling on him and successfully suing, but can’t remember if I heard it from a law student friend or it was one of those tinterweb factoids/urban myths.

MoreCashThanDash

Sure the original legislation related to trespassers on a railway line….

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Taking the pi55?’ is closed to new replies.