• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by igm.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Taking the kids riding in Morzine (age 8&9) – advice, where's best to get gear?
  • adi66
    Free Member

So my usual summer trip to Morzine with my riding buddies has been hijacked by Mrs Adi66 and the little 66,s !

It’s not a problem, I LOVE riding with my boys, and they’ll happily (and rather well too) ride all of the reds at Cannock, Llandegla and a few bits of Coed y Brenin, so they can handle a bike.

So question is…. Where to get decent kit that doesn’t cost the earth (they’ll outgrow it before next summer) specifically full face helmets and knee pads?

Have you taken you little uns there, and how did you / they get on ?

Oh BTW they have 20″ wheel bikes

igm

Kid’s knee pads = adult’s elbow pads

My 8 year old uses the ones I already had. He did fine in Les Gets last summer on a Kona Stinky 2-4.

You can rent Commencal 24″ full suss bike there if that’s a good option.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Got some really good One Industries kids pads from crc seem to be permanently on sale.

Ambrose

The way kids grow so fast I’d be tempted to hire kit in Morzine/ Les Gets tbh. The ‘new’ trails in Les Gets are great fun, I saw loads of youngsters on them last summer. The slightly older trails at Les Lindarets were a mess though. If I was a 9 year old I’d probably not like them at all.

transporter13
    Free Member

Im having this exact same dilemma…pulls up a chair and waits patiently 😀

adi66
    Free Member

Love the elbow pads as knee pads idea.

Helmets…. I’m thinking that a kids moto x helmet will be too heavy ?

I want o buy these for them(and me lol) But there expensive to use once
    >braces for comment along the lines of ” you can’t put a price on safety” <

Love these

igm

Check head size. My 8 year old fits an adult small Giro full face. My wife has just pointed out that he has a huge head though.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Taking the kids riding in Morzine (age 8&9) – advice, where's best to get gear?’ is closed to new replies.