Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Taking the 3yr old son off on an adventure this week.
  • Obi_Twa
    Free Member

We are going up to the fort william area to climb a couple of munros, do a bit of rock climbing, take a couple of boat trips and do a couple of easy wee bits of bike riding and maybe stay in a bothy or two. How much are we looking forward to this.

Enjoy work.

Drac

I hope he doesn't fall over.

matt_outandabout

wave as you go past!

kevonakona
    Free Member

THrrriiiipppppp!!!!

I'll be at dalbeattie thrashing the KingK.

tiggs121
    Free Member

Which Munros were you thinking of taking your son up? Most near Fort Bill are long climbs for a 3 year old!

Have fun – great age to introduce kids to the outdoor life.

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

tiggs – depends on the weather. Probably something Stobb Dearg on the Buachaille and Mullach nan Coirean in the Mamores. He has been up plenty other hills and coped really well.

The boy is a freak and is more than fit enough to do these – takes after his mother.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Good effort if he gets up those at three. Have fun!

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

I'd say most kids would get up a munro at three years old. You just need to take it at a sensible pace, keep stopping to show them stuff and keep them interested. Youngest I've seen on the hills was a two year old whose parents took him on a walk up the Cobbler – he was bouncing along.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Taking the 3yr old son off on an adventure this week.’ is closed to new replies.