Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • taking rubbish to the tip – advice
  • MrCrushrider
    Free Member

so im moving house at the weekend and ive cleared out a massive amount of crap that needs to be taken to the tip.

ive got bags mixed with clothing/bent chain rings and the like, plus all sorts of random stuff you accumulate. my questio is – do i have to seperate it all out or can i just wang it in the general waste section?

ta

mrsflash
    Free Member

Charity shop?

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

What do you think is the correct thing to do?
    Landfill it all, or recycle what can be recycled?
    Don't be lazy!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    markd
    Free Member

Canal?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Fly tip it.

Seriously though…you can straighten the chainrings.

spokebloke
    Free Member

I've bought worse from the classifeds on here.

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

the clothes and bike stuff is proper fcked – otherwise i'd flog it – im a yorkshireman!

allthepies
    Free Member

yeah **** it, just chuck it all in the landfill skip, someone else's problem then innit.

🙄

djglover
    Free Member

You should separate it all out, you environmental terrorist

cynic-al
    Free Member

Won't take long to sort it.

doc_blues
    Free Member

charity shop it – for the bags of clothes – even if they are fecked they can still rag them and get some money for that.

druidh
    Free Member

Find someone looking to dispose of some kittens and offer it to them as "ballast".

robdob
    Free Member

yeah **** it, just chuck it all in the landfill skip, someone else's problem then innit.

Yes, it will be yours as the charge for it to go to landfill comes out of your council tax.
    Numpty.

Radioman

Sort it out!

skidartist
    Free Member

look up your local councils website, they'll tell you what they recycle, divide your stuff up into those groups of things, it'll take 10 minutes.

teagirl
    Free Member

Recycle! Join an EcoTeam!

Geronimo
    Free Member

Go to Appleby fair and dump it in a lay-by -claiming it as an expression of culture?

allthepies
    Free Member

>Yes, it will be yours as the charge for it to go to landfill comes out of your council tax.

>Numpty.

LOL! A big whooooooooosh for you then 🙂

tinsy
    Free Member

Make sure you take a fiver in case anything there takes your fancy… 🙂

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Sort it all out into nice piles so it can all be collected together again and put into landfill* anyway but it doesn't matter as long as the council is seen to be doing the right thing.

*Possibly shipped halfway across the world to do so.

Anyone here been to Harrogate tip? I have lost count of the amount of times I have complained to the council about it – poor/non-existent signage and what there is is hidden by cars when they pull in front of the skips so you have no idea where to put the sorted rubbish. No plastic recycling (nearest is 18 miles away). Poor design of parking – it is only a matter of time until someone is involved in an accident with a car or, even worse, a collection lorry.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘taking rubbish to the tip – advice’ is closed to new replies.