Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 442 total)
  • Taking people property away if it's deemed you shouldn't have it – corbyn
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

**** !

Does it stop there ? No and we all know that, next it will be ah you’ve got to much money, give it to the government- I’m relieved he didn’t get into power, the man is a danger.

You can’t just take people property away, the biggest joke is oh we’ll reimburse them what with ??? Kensington is one of the most expensive places in the U.K. to buy property so his plan is pretty much flawed.

For the record I like some of the labour policies but corbyn utter twunt

If you agree with him then you won’t mind giving your hard earnings/ house away either.

Rant over

andytheadequate
    Free Member

I’d step away from the Daily Mail if I were you.

ajantom

So people made homeless by a fire shouldn’t be rehomed temporarily in properties nearby that are being purposely left empty? Seems like a bonza idea to me.

cloudnine
    Free Member

He’s going to take your empty house? Brick by brick?

wilburt
    Free Member

Me too, you have a definite case of brain poison.

Two months off the red tops young man.

MSP

There has been way too much market freedom in the housing market, allowing some to buy homes and leave them sit empty while they become more expensive, and people on normal wages to be priced out. FFS someone moving to London now could be on 50k a year and still have to rent a room in a houseshare.

The politicians who have allowed this travesty to escalate over the past 40 years are the problem and should be hung from lampposts, thank god someone is throwing out some ideas that don’t just pander to free market legalised immorality and greed.

Junkyard
    Free Member

NO RanD0m C@Ps Locks
    Too coherent in places
    Not angry enough
    3/10

slowoldman

See “Compulsory Purchase Order”.

chewkw
    Free Member

unfitgeezer – Member
    **** !
    For the record I like some of the labour policies but corbyn utter twunt

Just because the bloke (JC not Jesus Christ) is soft spoken it does not mean he is logical. Listen carefully you will be amazed at how much those soft spoken words hypnotise you. 😆

ajantom – Member
    So people made homeless by a fire shouldn’t be rehomed temporarily in properties nearby that are being purposely left empty? Seems like a bonza idea to me.

Thou shall not take what is not given especially if the properties have owners … regardless. 😛

Jamie
    Free Member

I do enjoy Mr Geezer’s posts.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Could not agree more OP

He used the word OCCUPY

Bascially he is inciting breaking and entering

PJM1974
    Free Member

Except that the context was that people displaced by the fire Grenfell Tower should be housed in empty properties.

No wonder this country is divided and a hotbed of hatred if we’re peddled lie after lie in the press.

[edit] Better to ensure that those who are massively well off aren’t inconvenienced in any way just in case they might engage with their own conscience once in a while, eh?

Sandwich

He did not say seize houses/property at any point. Seize was the word used by The Dirty Diggers broadsheet to see the debate skewed.

jambalaya
    Free Member

See “Compulsory Purchase Order”.

Yup thats fine. Can and will be challenged in court and highly likely any attempt would be thrown out

Whats the funniest is that with Osbourne’s new stamp duty rates the Council would be spending more money on that than renting places which just shows how ridiculous Corbyn’s ill thought out statement was

ajantom

Knew it wouldn’t be long before all the Tory apologists popped up to have a pop at Jezza 😆 calm down dears, or do you all have property portfolios in Kensington that you’re now worried about?

codybrennan
    Free Member

Taking people property away if it’s deemed you shouldn’t have it

You do know that the act (2004) says that the original owners will be fully recompensed for the property?

They’re not ‘taking people property away’, they’re buying it from them (compulsorily, I’ll admit) at market rates.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@Sandwhich he said OCCUPY – thats seizure

Jamie
    Free Member

What do you expect from a communist, Jambalaya.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@anjantom I lived in K&C for 18 months when I did not need space for my now grown up family, most of my carrer I could not afford it. People thinking they have a right to live in the Borough are taking the micky

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I’m having a seizure, that’s? for sure.

unknown
    Free Member

He used the word OCCUPY

Interesting word that. Care to remind us of your views on Israel and Palestine?

PJM1974
    Free Member

Jesus. My faith in humanity has just hit a low.

chewkw
    Free Member

ajantom – Member
    Knew it wouldn’t be long before all the Tory apologists popped up to have a pop at Jezza calm down dears, or do you all have property portfolios in Kensington that you’re now worried about?

Are you contradicting thou shall not take what is not given? 😯

Where is the common decency to ask for permission first? 😮

Jamie
    Free Member

We’re through the looking glass here people.

oldracer
    Free Member

I think he may have a point, but he phrased it terribly!

There several investment companies & high net worth individuals who’ve purchased a good number of properties with no other intention than using them as a “land-bank “. I feel these are the properties he has in mind.

Pied a terres are a different matter – though I imagine there aren’t many on STW who have such things, let alone in W8?

mattsccm
    Free Member

My initial reaction agrees to a great extent as property your belongs to you. I assume that those who disagree are happy to lend an expensive rarely used bike to a stranger then.
    You can’t have one rule for you and one rule for people you are jealous of.
    However dialling things back a bit (sorry, this is totally against and STW political view point I know) If private property owners were encouraged at no loss to themselves to help out then a bit of coercion would be fine. My view is that with something like houses, they should be inviolate for a while but after a set period then purchase at a independently agree price should imposed. At all levels.
    Any form of outburst that even hints of law breaking should be punished be the speaker a yob or a politician. But that’s just good manners really.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Respect for property rights is a fundamental requirement for economic prosperity.

Corbyn know that – hes not stupid – but he also know plenty of others will happily swallow populist guff. That’s a powerful trump (opps) card right now irrespective of party politics.

codybrennan
    Free Member

I am going to use this word and the word is “REACTIONARY”.

ajantom

@anjantom I lived in K&C for 18 months when I did not need space for my now grown up family, most of my carrer I could not afford it. People thinking they have a right to live in the Borough are taking the micky

@jumblesale, so people born in the borough who live in council and/or rented accommodation should just **** off and make way for the rich people? Where would all the teachers, nurses, care home assistants, fire men, policemen, cleaners, bus drivers, et al come from then? You know the people that actually keep the place running.

Are you contradicting thou shall not take what is not given?

Is that a made up bible quote?
    How about Though shall not be an uptight right wing apologist who hates poor people?

GrahamS

I like this:

slowoldman

I lived in K&C for 18 months when I did not need space for my now grown up family, most of my carrer I could not afford it.

How did you manage?

chewkw
    Free Member

ajantom – Member
    Is that a made up bible quote?

Not from the Bible ajan. 😀

How about Though shall not be an uptight right wing apologist who hates poor people?

Nothing to do with the status of the people.
    It is about taking something without being given the permission. 😛

Cougar

I like this:

Ah, thanks, I was just looking for that and couldn’t find it.

Any comments, OP?

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

So when the country is broke and on its knees which would happen if corbyn had his way – would it be right if you had savings and the government took them away? I can see all of you being really happy about that !

Cougar

He used the word OCCUPY

Did he? Where / when? Source / link please.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

“Occupy it, compulsory purchase it, requisition it. There’s a lot of things you can do,” Mr Corbyn said.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/grenfell-tower-fire-latest-jeremy-corbyn-attacks-kensington-council-lack-of-resources-a7795656.html

chewkw
    Free Member

Here you go the interview clip … The Guardian … your favourite newspaper. 😯

“Labour says emergency house seizure laws could ease Grenfell Tower crisis” : The Guardian.

” … occupy it, compulsory purchase it, requisition it … ” 😮

The Guardian.

DrJ

He used the word OCCUPY
    Bascially he is inciting breaking and entering

Liar.

chakaping
    Free Member

Can’t be bothered to find a facepalm gif, can we just pretend I did?

ahwiles
    Free Member

The house my family lived in was compulsory-purchased to make room for a railway line.

Compulsory-purchasing empty flats so that people can live in them (temporarily), seems fair to me – with the added benefit that the original owner could potentially be re-united with their (investment) property…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 442 total)

The topic ‘Taking people property away if it's deemed you shouldn't have it – corbyn’ is closed to new replies.