• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Taking on board enough sugar
  • brooess
    Free Member

It feels like I’m struggling to take on enough sugar for the amount of exercise I do and I’m wondering a) if I even need to worry about it and b) if so, how to take on sugar without stuffing my face full of cake and biscuits

I ride 100+ miles a week and running twice a week, plus several sessions of yoga/core strength/stretches.

Overall my diet is very good, no red meat, virtually no alcohol, 5+ fruit and veg a day…

But I get really strong cravings for sugar which I can’t seem to straighten out with things like milk, fruit, dried fruit etc – it has to be biscuits or chocolate or I don’t feel like I’ve had enough sugar. I’ve had a massive sweet tooth since I was a kid – this isn’t anything new tbh.

I assume my body will need plenty of sugar to support the physical effort but I’m struggling the find a way to deliver this without troughing my face like a typical obese Brit!

I’m trying things like chocolate milk, fruit bread and flapjacks to try and find (slightly) healthier inputs.

My BMI is good – 75kg and 180cm so I don’t think there’s a problem per se, I’d just like to cut down on the amount of cakes and biscuits I’m taking on…

Any ideas?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Taking on board enough sugar’ is closed to new replies.