Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Taking my phone abroad – problems with roaming data
  • spooky_b329

The last two times I’ve been to France, I’ve bought either 3 or 7 day data bundles, but my phone loses the data connection a few minutes after turning the phone on, or restarting.

So although I have good reception for calls, the data bundle I buy is useless as if I’m trying to use the internet, I need to restart my phone every five minutes to pick up a data connection.

I’m going again shortly, however this time I’m driving 9hrs across France during their holiday season, so I want to ensure Google Maps is picking up traffic updates to give me the best route.

Any ideas?

I’m using a Sony Z3 Compact, unlocked from Vodafone and running on EE.

When it was unlocked I had to manually enter an APN to get the data working in the UK, and after a factory reset I can now prompt it to download EE’s internet settings to update the APN rather than doing it manually. Perhaps I need to add another APN for roaming?!

When I click the links on EE’s roaming texts, it also refuses to tell me how much roaming data allowance I have left as it reports that I am not using EE’s network!

rob
    Free Member

Just buy a three pay as you go sim turn on data roaming job done
    Posting from Spain had data through most of France on the way down

spooky_b329

Thanks rob, I’ll have a look at their pricing. Just concerned it’s a phone issue…

jam-bo

i thought costs were fixed now (until brexit I guess).

i was in france last week and O2 charge £2 a day for full access to data/calls etc.

zippykona

Don’t worry it’s all incuded next year…..apart from we’ve just voted out.
    +1 for a 3 sim.

dooosuk
    Free Member

Why don’t you ask EE?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Taking my phone abroad – problems with roaming data’ is closed to new replies.