Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Taking local council to court for failure of duty?
  • Cougar

Report it it every time it happens 0800 80 70 60 get other people to report it. Multiple reports help.

At the back end of last year I posted this, about a commercial property across the back street from me burning waste:

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/yard-fires-legal

I’ve since made at least 15 reports to the EA this year (there’s a few more I don’t have records of). I don’t know what action has been taken, if anything, but they’re still burning. They’ve got an oil drum brazier in the yard (I spotted it when they left the door open one time). I’m not unconvinced that they’re not sometimes leaving the property unattended with the thing going either.

bigjim

From the heated conversations

I’d say you’ve blown it based on this and your other comments, they’ve probably got a nickname for you and try to avoid your nasty calls!

Burning garden waste was completely normal when I was growing up, neighbours would come round and we’d put tatties in the embers, very tasty. Guess the world has changed.

cbike
    Free Member

How are you going to fund this action? From your own pocket?

Yer kidding us on right?

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

I also find it very frustrating that they refuse to come out and take a look whilst the offence is happening. It’s just across the road from the offices.

I would imagine they’d be able to see it happening if it was just accross the road?

Bazz

Pigface –

You can burn self generated material such as garden clippings etc. You can not bring material back to a place and burn it.

You can’t burn packaging pallets fall into this category. You should not burn waste, you can argue the definition of waste, you won’t get very far.

Does this apply to farms as well? Only curious I don’t really give a toss, in fact I love a good bonfire, but where I live in rural-ish West Sussex farms have fires all the time, some seem to have one going on a near permanent basis, I can’t believe if it was illegal they would constantly be able to do it.

antigee

there will be a councillor with responsibility for environment issues write to them

google lead member (careful) environment or council portfolios, cabinet portfolios should be listed somewhere on council website

quote your stat’s and lack of action, keep a diary – officers will be limited on funding and are probably telling councillors don’t have resources, ultimately the councillor has statutory responsibility so their answer will be carefully worded

used to have a problem neighbour burning wet garden stuff all day long plus throwing rubbish on – speaking too him was a waste of time – daft old guy, died so that sorted it but was a complete pain

Pigface
    Free Member

Bazz farms can apply for burning exemptions a D7, if the waste being burnt is from horses then that is a can of worms as horses aren’t classed as farm animals. I don’t write the rules.

Big problems around Lambourn of piles of horse shavings that smoulder for years.

Cougar this is the time to write to your MP and say the E.A. haven’t sorted out the problem. Let me know how quickly things start happening when you do.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Taking local council to court for failure of duty?’ is closed to new replies.