• This topic has 31 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by hora.
Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Taking in neighbours delivery how long is acceptable to look after ?
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Neighbour sent a text on Monday do we mind taking an Ikea delivery, I say no problem…

It arrives and its two big buck off cardboard boxes about 8 ft long and 50 cm wide…Monday eve comes no knock on the door Tuesday eve comes still no knock on the door…no lights on etc…

They are both doctors and work odd hours etc but Im not a holding centre ! Hallway is narrow-enough without their new items…

If no show this eve polite text ? or open and build and keep/sell on ebay…

nealglover
    Free Member

Have you tried asking them ?

You have their phone number.

weeksy

why not text them back and say

“hi, when are you collecting your items?”

kayak23

Burn it, burn it to the ground!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Open them uo, put th esmaller bits through their letter box?

mudshark
    Free Member

It’s drugs, they’re lying low for a bit.

Should have asked what size first, my neighbours ask me that as worried it’ll be a bike.

globalti
    Free Member

Relax and remember they are doctors when you need your next shot of EPO.

LoCo
    Free Member

Steal the allen keys?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

make sure the required quantity of bolts/screws/dowels is one short in each box?

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Taking the pi$$ a bit for things that size IMO, doctors or not!

crankboy
    Free Member

Have you tried knocking on their door when they are in?

Rscott
    Free Member

Do they know it has arrived, We had a Ikea flat pack delivered and it was 3 days after that they said it had been dispatched and another week before the tracking said it had arrived.

Give them a call and informthem it has arrived,they me be unaware.

Harry_the_Spider

Took a delivery of undies for the woman next door a couple of years ago. I’m still wearing them now.

Hope that helps.

martinhutch

Jerkers?

or

?

Gary_M
    Free Member

neighbor sent a text on Monday do we mind taking an Ikea delivery, I say no problem

But it is a problem. Anyway as others have said the logical thing to do would be to text them and say ‘Hi, you’re stuff from ikea arrived. When can you collect it.’ If you can’t face doing that text them the link to this thread.

More to the point I’d be asking why a household with two doctors salaries are spending money on flat pack crap from ikea.

geoffj

Just a message to say your IKEA boxes have arrived. Let me know when you are next in and I’ll pop round with them.

slowoldman

So the MILF sits on the JERKER?

hora
    Free Member

Serious question? I’d hold them for upto two weeks.

You’ve no idea whats happened/ing in their lives and its rare- plus one day you might need something thats delivered late/the day after you set off on your Alps trip.

mudshark
    Free Member

I’d hold them for upto two weeks.

Then what?

marmaduke
    Free Member

build them

Gary_M
    Free Member

I’d hold them for upto two weeks.
    Then what?

Sell them on the classifieds presumably.

But seriously what would you do after two weeks, real world not Internet world.

hora
    Free Member

But seriously what would you do after two weeks, real world not Internet world

Well worsecase people tend to go away for two weeks annual break don’t they.

What next with your tinfoil hat/worsecase scenario thinking? Do you plan what if the Russians throw over some missiles and you’ve still got the boxes too?

Gary_M
    Free Member

Well worsecase people tend to go away for two weeks annual break don’t they.

I usually go for longer.

What next with your tinfoil hat/worsecase scenario thinking? Do you plan what if the Russians throw over some missiles and you’ve still got the boxes too?

I guess you don’t know the answer then.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Get a ladder and pop them up on their roof or i’ll have to post that picture much to Jamie’s annoyance

globalti
    Free Member

What about the BILLY BUNK?

johndoh
    Free Member

Stick a note through their door surely? Or a shit, depending on your mood.

portlyone

Build them.
    Txt them pictures of you using them.
    Make sure the mirror in the background of the pic shows you disrobed.

spud-face

Open,
    Remove bag of dowels.
    Cut dowels down to 50% original size. Re-bag.
    Exchange shitty little allen key for shitty little allen key 1 size larger.
    Seal up boxes.
    Wait smugly.

ampthill

Text them and say if its going to be much longer can they post a key so you can drop the stuff round

I’m assuming it wouldn’t be a nightmare to move

milky1980
    Free Member

When I was into messing about with old Mini’s my neighbour was more than happy to accept parcels for me to pick up. Was fine until I forgot to be in for the delivery of the newly powdercoated subframes. They were well packaged in bubble wrap and each on a pallet, they sat in their garage for nearly a week 😳

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Collected

Panic over I can return to normal life again

I shall enjoy drinking the wine they gave us !

hora
    Free Member

Should you be drinking that wine?

Could it be symbolic acceptance of a contract for regular deliveries

Or they have been away at a Ebola conference and its laces with Ebola as they need a live study.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Taking in neighbours delivery how long is acceptable to look after ?’ is closed to new replies.