Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Taking bike to Australia
  • steve0pd
    Free Member

Ive been offered work in Australia and hoping to fly out to Perth in January.

Question is what airlines have people used to fly their bikes over without massive charges?

br
    Free Member

Put your bike in with your other stuff you need shipping over.

steve0pd
    Free Member

Not shipping anything else over. Just taking some clothes and my bike. Will buy anything else I need once over there.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Emirates gives you 30kg to for what you want with. I air freighter mine with some other urgent stuff I wanted. Each 30kg bike box (slightly cut down) took about 1 week if you do the customs paperwork on tome. Cost about 150 – 180.shipped 6 like this. Best done before or after Christmas. You will need an address to send it to. Also pack lights it’s damm hot in Perth then. Shipped using a broker called transglobal express on ups saver service. Pack well and make sure it’s clean. Mail in profile for any info.

paul78
    Free Member

Pretty sure they have crazy restrictions on bringing any foreign matter ( soil) into the country so bin your tyres and make sure bike is super clean

Pauly

I flew with Emirates and took my bike as part of my hold allowance at no extra cost.
    Took loads of clothes too.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Emirates give you the best rate if you can stay under 30kg total, but if you need more than 1 bag then I find any of the One World airlines best. That is mostly BA, Qantas or Cathay Pacific to Australia.

I think it was £40 each way for a bike with BA, although you might have to keep it under 23kg. You might get away with it though.

Make sure it is really clean. They will check it and if its dirty you will have to clean it there and then.
    New tyres ideally, that is what they check first. Shoes and helmet need to be clean as well.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Taking bike to Australia’ is closed to new replies.