Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Taking Bike to Asia
  • trevron73
    Free Member

Off to Thailand for 3 months and gonna take one of the bikes, im gonna leave the Cotic/crank brothers dream machine as the Crank brothers keep shitting there selves and causing a mare (when its on its great ) .Now do i just box the bike up twist the bars and thats it? or do i dismantle to a suitcase or beg borrow or steal a bike bag?? I have Quit my job (on good terms ) and i need to look after cash as i have just spent 70k on building a house there? and i want to come back with cash to spare ?

sobriety
    Free Member

I’d go with a proper hard case, as I’ve just had a nightmare lugging my road bike from the UK to kansas in a soft bike bag, grnated most of the nightmare was getting the bike to heathrow, but that’s another story.

Also, Northern Thailand is pretty cool for riding, back when I had a Thai girlfriend I used to use the visiting family ‘holidays’ to get some riding in up in chiang mai, there’s nothing quite like hammering through coffee/lychee plantations.

I’d recommend x-bikers chaing mai if you’re looking for guided DH type riding, and they still exist (it was a few years ago now)

jambalaya
    Free Member

You want to pack it properly as if stuff gets broken it could be very hard to fix/replace, I’d dismantle and pack/pad all you can. It might pay you to buy a bike box and sell it when you come back. Riding out there is character building, it’s ‘kin hot and humid !

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Taking Bike to Asia’ is closed to new replies.