• This topic has 9 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by GW.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Taking a full face helmet on a flight?
  • JEngledow
    Free Member

Sorry if this has been done before, but I couldn’t find it by doing a search!

I’m flying out to Morzine in the summer and having searched the web I’ve found loads of information on how to pack a bike bag/box, but what’s the best way to carry a full face helmet and pads? If I fly with easy jet I can’t put it in the bike box and it’ll pretty much fill my bag plus I don’t want my helmet being bashed about by baggage handlers. What do most people do?

Thanks.

JEngledow
    Free Member

Thanks RealMan, I was obviously doing it wrong 😳

IA

Seen folk forced to check it in, they don’t like you having a lid onboard. In practice if it was in the luggage rather than loose they might not care…

MussEd
    Free Member

Stick it in your bag stuffed with your pants, socks and tee shirts…wee bit prompt? are you packing tonight?

Tracey

Shin pads round forks for protection

Elbow pads round brake leavers, and bars for protection

Helmet on backpack

Never had a problem at the airport

JEngledow
    Free Member

wee bit prompt? are you packing tonight?

I know, but I’m a little anally-retentive and need to be over prepared for everything 🙄

coogan
    Free Member

Pads around bike frame. I just got on the plane carrying full facer as part of my hand luggage.

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Full facers fit in those infuriating as big as possible for carry on wheelie bags.

GW
    Free Member

Just leave it at home, there’s this old guy on the internet who looks at helmet websites and reads up about them a lot and he says there’s no EPS or something in the chinguards so best not to wear one, He doesn’t and seems completely fine! 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Taking a full face helmet on a flight?’ is closed to new replies.