Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Taking a faulty cable back to the £ shop – would you?
  • Frankenstein
    Free Member

A friend is taking a cable a phone charge cable back to the shop as it stopped working after 3 months.

Seriously why bother?

I’m answered a £ is a £… Wish I could film this.

Would you bother? Why would you bother?!

survivor

You bourgeois snob. That pound would feed and clothe me for a month!

🙂

andyl
    Free Member

maybe they sold him a special oxygen free digital HD USB cable with a lifetime warranty? 😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ghostlymachine
    Free Member

It’ll probably cost more in fuel and parking than just buying a new (genuine) cable. (Unless it’s an iphone cable)

Just complain via email, if they send you a new cable so be it. If they don’t, who cares.

scotroutes

If I was passing – maybe. Depends how much you value your time. A bit like folk that have to visit every shop in town (twice) in order to save a few pence off their groceries.

mrsfry
    Free Member

Why not go straight to small claims court instead. Better yet contact the papers

slowoldman

Good luck with that then.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I once bought an xmas decoration on special offer for 10 p – it was on the counter. When i got it home it did not work and i worked out why it was 10p. I waited till xmas had passed then returned it. They knew what they were doing but were shitty with me nonetheless.

3 months for a very cheap cable seems like what I would expect but the law is on their side.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

To be fair he’s retired and shops in the shopping centre at Sainsbury’s 2 mins walk from the shop.

I’ve offered him a quid but he’s not embarrassed at all.

It’s not me either just in case you think it is (bought mine from Lidl, broke after 6 months and bought another one job done).

Superficial
    Free Member

If I were a pound shop owner I’d want to know if a product I’d been selling was duff. That information is worth a £1 refund IMO. Whether it’s worth your time is up to you.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

He could threaten a negative review and then sue for loss of dignity

enfht
    Free Member

I’ve found that pound shop hookers are a false economy.

mattyfez

Fair play to him, he’s technically in the right, but it’s a 99p cable.. Lol!

nealglover
    Free Member

It might only be 99p but if it stops working for no reason after such a short time, it will work out more expensive than a genuine one pretty quickly !

I’d take it back and get some biscuits instead.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

mattyfez – Member
    Fair play to him, he’s technically in the right, but it’s a 99p cable.. Lol!

This lol ^^^

Will post what happened, but could be the weekend/Monday.

Gordon Bennett.

GrahamS

I once bought an xmas decoration on special offer for 10 p – it was on the counter. When i got it home it did not work

Did it fail to Christmassy or fail to be decorative?

konabunny
    Free Member

Maybe it failed to be?

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Update: He chickened out from embarrassment.

callmetc
    Free Member

if it’s a quid cable I wouldn’t bother. I’d just slap myself for buying that cheap tack.

if it is a high quality cable like a belkin I would return it as they have proper warranty on them.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

You get what you pay for.

Pound shops are OK especially if you need a temporary solution.

Why risk a £600 phone for a dodgy cable?

Would cost more to drive to the shops and park!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Taking a faulty cable back to the £ shop – would you?’ is closed to new replies.