• This topic has 66 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Muke.
Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Taking a chance – Any questions about the Big Bike Bash?
  • luke
    Free Member

Good move doubling up on the Pure gold.

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

yeah, especially if Ton does come 😉

brokensoul
    Free Member

I’m interested. I’ll see if I can get the good lady’s approval.
    It looks a long way from Wakefield, though.

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

brokensoul – people have traveled further and said it is worth it. If you want to stay longer you can stay at the camp site, you just book iut with Avon Tyrrell. I know a few families make it a weeks holiday either starting or ending with the Big Bike Bash. Gives you a cheap holiday which I am sure the good lady will love!

brokensoul
    Free Member

I’ll see if I can get 2 nightshifts off.
    If I can, I’m in.

Muke
    Free Member

What’s the difference between a Pump track and a Gravity track then ?

LoCo
    Free Member

Sensible (boring 😳 ) question, there be a ‘quiet’ campsite/area for those of us with young children?

Would be great if I could bring the family.

and what time does it all kick off/earliest we can setup camp on friday?

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

Pump track goes around in circles on the flat. A Gravity track is like a down hill BMX track.

LoCo – the main campsite is reasonably quiet in the evening as the noisy folk tend to be in the beer tent and listening to the live music until late / early and then settle down quickly. We encourage the ones who are likely to be noisy to camp down in the arena.

You can turn up from about 3pm Friday. Turn up, put up your tent and then head down to the beer/admin tent to get your wrist bands etc.

LoCo
    Free Member

Ok thanks, shall have a chat which Mrs L tonight. 😀

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

Google it. There are various threads on here with view from parents. I remember one from a lady with an autistic son who said it was the most relaxed and enjoyable event they had been to.

loads of stuff for non-riders too

bullheart
    Free Member

I am so flipping gutted I’m missing this… 😕

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

Don’t worry – there is a firkin of Bullheart Ale so you will be there in spirit! 50p from every pint gets donated to your Team Bullheart just giving page.

Muke
    Free Member

So drinking beer and raising money for a good cause at the same time, great combo

Is the cake stall there again this year ?

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

muke – I will ask Mrs Treviss if she will be there or if she will bring a cake just for you. what type?

luke
    Free Member

I must say the cakes were top notch last year, well all the ones I tried were and I had a fair few 😆

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

Yeah Luke – She was worried that if she came back this year you would eat her tooo! Only joking. I will as Matt if his Mum is coming along

brokensoul
    Free Member

BBB. Will we be able to camp on Sunday night too?

Muke
    Free Member

No need for special service for me, as Luke said last years cakeage was very good. Coffee/walnut and Lemon drizz were the business.

jimmers
    Free Member

UPDATE: timetable of events uploaded on BBB website

http://www.bigbikebash.co.uk

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

That’s good.

Can we get the site plan up there too once we have made it up please Jimmers?

In fact, we should the welcome packs ready by Friday with various other bits in them like camping instructions. I will try to get these to you in a batch on Friday and perhaps you could get them all up loaded in one go.

Muke
    Free Member

Provisional band listing from Avon Tyrrell…..

Red India – local lads from brockenhurst/bransgore, indie stuff with punk/joy divison type sound
    Jo Oldfield – folky soloist
    Foul Geese – middle aged blokes from Deptford, weird electronica with a great stage presence
    Bakstreets – 2 brothers but not sure what they are like
    Black Circles band – all in black and sounded like the Queens of the Stone age.

peteimpreza

Broken soul the answer is yes but you will need to pay and book with Avon Tyrell

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

brokensoul – you can stay for the following week if you like. It is a proper permanent camp site with proper brick built showers and toilets and hot running water all weekend. Extra nights can be booked direct with Avon Tyrrell at extremely reasonable rates.

There is often cheap beer on Sunday afternoons too!

brokensoul
    Free Member

Great stuff, thanks.
    It’s the cheap beer and lake jump I’m coming down for.

peteimpreza

What’s the best town or postcode to use for checking the weather forecast?

Muke
    Free Member

Bransgore village I would say or Avon Tyrrell postcode is BH23 8EE

Muke
    Free Member

No fypast of the Vulcan this year,its been grounded by a leaking fuel tank 🙁

Maybe a few of these about though…

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Taking a chance – Any questions about the Big Bike Bash?’ is closed to new replies.