Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Taking a caravan over to Jersey
  • Spud

Might be a long shot but has anyone on here taken a caravan over to Jersey fairly recently? If so, any pitfalls and what was the overall cost? I’m having trouble getting the details into Condor’s website as the dimensions aren’t listed despite it being inside their maximum. I know that we’d need a permit to take it to a designated site. Thanks in advance.

jerseychaz

Haven’t taken a caravan, but when I looked at taking the motorhome in June it was nearly £900 rteurn. We ended up booking a self catering flat! Best to phone Condor or use the Camping & Caravanning Club – the discount pays for the membership fee!

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

It would be easier to cross at Dover and drive the coast before a smaller ferry from France wouldn’t it? 900 quid is almost as much as the ferry to Spain we looked into.

Spud

That’s what I was wondering, at £900+ it does make it rather prohibitive when factoring in fuel etc too.

40mpg

And jerseys roads won’t be the best for towing. I had a few moments between stone walls in a fiesta!

tiggs121
    Free Member

Small island – is it worth taking a caravan? Self – catering house and public transport/hire car?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Taking a caravan over to Jersey’ is closed to new replies.