Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • taking a bike on the IOM ferry as a foot passenger
  • terrahawk
    Free Member

I’ve got a ticket to the IOM as a foot passenger. I didn’t see anywhere in the online booking thing where I could tell them I’d have a bike with me. do I just turn up and wheel it on or will I need to pay extra?

bigrich

Cav used to do it

kcr
    Free Member
    Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Been over 3 times as a foot passenger with bike,you just cycle on no extra charge

Tony.w
    Free Member

We want to do this next year as you can get about a whole lot easier and the other reason as I understand it you pay std foot passenger price and have your bike with you all the time – lot cheaper than the motorbike 🙂

terrahawk
    Free Member

cheers.

adsh
    Free Member

Where do you put it?

cynic-al
    Free Member

On the car deck IME, as with all ferries IME.

buck53

Quick word of warning, get there in time to put your bike at the back of the car deck. We were late boarding on the way back from the TT this year and ended up with the bikes tied to the bars at the very front, cue dozens of bikers scuffing past with cordura, bar ends, boots etc.

stevio

usually they’ll lash it to the barriers as you come on through the entry ramp (on the inside of course :)….)

devash
    Free Member

You don’t need to tell them. Just book a foot passenger and roll up. You ride / push on with the cars usually.

Source: Family been living there for 15 years.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘taking a bike on the IOM ferry as a foot passenger’ is closed to new replies.