Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Taken I the movie- A warning
  • hora
    Free Member

If you haven’t watched it DONT waste two hours of your time. Gawd awful film.

Lifer
    Free Member

II?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Taken ?

What do you normally watch boring mcboringson ?

I thought it was quite a good brain out movie for a quiet saturday night when the mrs was out

How ever i dont have much hope for taken 2 – much like the hang over the story only works once.

kimbers

i agree with hora

DrP

I like the way he gets the language dictionary from the translator to translate “good luck”…….

Bet it took him hours!

DrP

Jamie
    Free Member

I disagree with Kimbers, but agree with Hora.

restless
    Free Member

I went to see a film today called Sinister, it was rubbish too.

Lifer
    Free Member

This weekend I watched both Repo Man and Tank Girl for the first time in years. Both still great. Repo Man aged slightly better IMO.

kimbers

i both agree and disagree with lifer

repo man is great, tank girl isnt

Lifer
    Free Member

I like her geeky airplane flying friend.

blisterman1962
    Free Member

hora – Member

If you haven’t watched it DONT waste two hours of your time. Gawd awful film.

You forgot “IMO”

I enjoyed it.

chvck
    Free Member

Who elses opinion was he likely to have been expressing there?!

Cougar

I watched Taken for the first time the other day. Thin plot but enjoyable little romp, I thought it was pretty decent.

Drac

It’s a great action film, I wasn’t sure when I see the trailers but loved it.

Taff
    Free Member

It’s an awesome film!

nicko74

I watched Looper. Not quite as good as I’d expected, unfortunately.

Already way ahead of you on Taken though – didn’t need to watch it to know it was dross

ScottChegg
    Free Member

didn’t need to watch it to know it was dross

That’s what’s known as talking from a position of ignorance.

boblo
    Free Member

He meant Take II. Taken I was an unexpected hit, Taken II is a bag o shite. Don’t bother.

hora
    Free Member

I mean Taken – the first one. There just seem to be bigging up what a tired looking Liam Nielson could do to people (alot of beating up and killing). For a prossie ring the bad guys seem to be very numerous and well armed. Plus why did his daughter get sold on/unsullied whereas the other girls were addicts/ruined? The film would have been darker if he had to save his daughter from being tied to a bed/used.

grievoustim
    Free Member

Hora – taken 1 is silly but very enjoyable IMO

Daughter is saved for final auction cos she is a virgin – I have no idea how the bad guys know this

It is an awful film in many ways – racist/ xenophobic etc. but it is entertaining

I haven’t seen Taken 2 – reviews suggest it is not good

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

It’s great not being a film critic. I just watch films & say ‘that was good’ or ‘that was crap’ or whatever, I never pick the bones out of them.
    Some people on here really should be in the film business, I’m sure they’d go far.

IHN

There just seem to be bigging up what a tired looking Liam Nielson could do to people (alot of beating up and killing). For a prossie ring the bad guys seem to be very numerous and well armed.

It wasn’t a documentary, it was a film and some suspension of disbelief is required

Plus why did his daughter get sold on

‘cos she was a virgin therefore could command a higher price.

The film would have been darker if he had to save his daughter from being tied to a bed/used.

I think this probably says more about you than the relative merits of the film.

I watched Taken for the first time the other day. Thin plot but enjoyable little romp, I thought it was pretty decent.

Da man speak da troof

totalshell

STW film 73 massif.. should i waste a free film voucher on Dredd?

hora
    Free Member

She was a good ol American virgin and daddies girl, they were dirty Albanians and Arab’s. Sheesh. Its still taken my 2hrs from me! 😆

grievoustim
    Free Member

Totalshell – yep Dredd is good fun

Looper is also good if you like sci fi

atlaz
    Free Member

Taken is MUCH better than the Bourne Legacy though. I really enjoyed the first 3 films but this one seemed like a rushed, cheap knock off.

Nick

Apart from Schindlers List, has Liam Neeson ever been in anything other than dross?

Cougar

STW film 73 massif.. should i waste a free film voucher on Dredd?

I would. I really enjoyed it. It’s beautifully done in places (and a bit gory in others), Urban is great.

grievoustim
    Free Member

On the Mark Kermode podcast the other day someone suggest Liam may be the new Michael Cane, in terms of being a good actor doing lots and lots of terrible films

I think he has a way to go compared to Nic Cage though

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Taken- I wasn’t expecting Battleship Potemkin done with an Irish accent. I was expecting 2 hours of knockabout fun and Liam smacking Foreigners about. Job done.

Hora’s desperate “All the bad guys are Arabs/Albanians” is a bit weak. The French got slapped too.

Sheesh. Its still taken my 2hrs from me!

Have you counted the time spent here educating the masses?

fathomer

Nick – Member
    Apart from Schindlers List, has Liam Neeson ever been in anything other than dross?

Batman Begins and Taken is good brainless fun.

Kato

Darkman

And I’m the only person to like Kingdom of Heaven too

As for Taken, I enjoyed it. Went to the flicks to see Taken 2 the other day and it was dire

…….apart from Famke Janssen

Lifer
    Free Member

Thought he was talking about the second one, very much enjoyed the first one though probably wouldn’t watch it again.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I really appreciated Taken (I). The aspects I liked were:

* Protective father motivation – don’t care about the consequences
    * The bad guys are bad. Fighting the “it’s business” attitude that justifies the immorality
    * Dealing with the frenchy cop was particularly satisfying!
    * Quietly tough old guys rule

Hopk1ns
    Free Member

I knew is was gonna be bad when the rating 12a came up at the start. The first one was an 18. They re cut the film for a lower age rating thats why it’s so watered down

dabble
    Free Member

Dude, hes the voice of motherfreaking Aslan! So the answer to your question would be , “No”.

But, Taken is quality, he takes the bad guys apart and saves his daughter, Booyah! Not seen taken 2, the 12a certificate puts me off somewhat. It seems everything will now be watered down so that a wider audience can be achieved. What the flaming heck is going on?

Dredd is well worth a watch.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Taken I the movie- A warning’ is closed to new replies.