Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • taken for a total mug, or just misread the signals (dating advice)
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

Debated this one with a mate this morning, so I thought I’d put it out there to the gauge the wisdom of the STW masses

Basically was seeing a lady for a while earlier, but she called it off as she said she viewed it as nothing more than a **** buddy arrangement. Anyhows as I quite liked the girl I thought I’d make more of an effort and invited her out on a few ‘dates’, dinner, cinema drinks etc etc.

Shes been more than happy to come along, we’ve had a good laugh, but then shes pretty much just turned round and said she thought I was just inviting her out as a mate. Not entirely sure why she thinks this, as she knows I like her. More tellingly I’ve paid for everything,dinner, drinks, taxis etc etc. Of course I don’t mind doing this if its a date, but seems a bit off to accept I pay for everything as her ‘mate’.

Is she just a chancer who needs told where to go, or am I just being tight, I’ve misread the signs, and the guy pays regardless of whether they are in a relationship? Comedy STW answers of course more than welcome….(as are donations to the 300 quid hole in my wallet I’ve racked up this week)

Jamie
    Free Member

She is having her cake, and yours, and eating it.

Then having seconds.

jamiep
    Free Member

Mate = 50/50 on the bill

mikewsmith
    Free Member

to save a lot of questions…

Is she fit?
    Is the bedroom activity good?

If so it’s probably cheaper than marriage, a divorce or engaging the oldest profession.

If your after a relationship probably move along.

cinnamon_girl

You need to reclaim your self-respect. Get rid of.

Jamie
    Free Member

Is the bedroom activity good?

My understanding is that is no longer on the table…or even the bed, carpet, bonnet etc.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Mike, yeah shes fit, and we had fun! But looks like the whole FB option isn’t even an option anymore either!

Cinnamon girl, I suspect this is sound advice

edit…jamie has it…

aracer
    Free Member

mikewsmith
    Free Member

My understanding is that is no longer on the table

He never mentioned marriage…

and yes move along now very quickly or invite her for dinner, order the nicest things there (most expensive) 2 bottles of something rather good, a couple of single malts and then get a phone call you ned to take – from the taxi/mate waiting outside 😉

woody2000

She told you the score, you ignored it and carried on. She’s not a chancer, she’s a sensible girl! 😉

tpbiker
    Free Member

Well not really woody, she only told me the score after shed polished off the last of the 9 a quid a pop cocktails I’d been buying her!

But I see your point!

jambourgie
    Free Member

More tellingly I’ve paid for everything,dinner, drinks, taxis etc etc. Of course I don’t mind doing this if its a date, but seems a bit off to accept I pay for everything as her ‘mate’.

Indeed. You’d definitely want to have had yer hole after all that. She’s taking the p*ss. Tell her to do one ➡

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Maybe you were a bit shit in bed?

toppers3933
    Free Member

she’s mugging you off mate. tell her to do one.

tpbiker
    Free Member

No chance, I had a great time 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

Wouldn’t bother me if he was buying me £9 cocktails 😀

GJP
    Free Member

Been there done that, sadly more than once, just wish CG had been around to give me her sound advice. Just move on.

mikewsmith
    Free Member
    Junkyard
    Free Member

she is not interested move on

She is taking the piss to be a mate and get you top pay for everything as this is not what mates do . well not good one.

iolo
    Free Member

You paid for everything?
    She saw you coming.
    As will the next one unless you learn that if it’s the right girl she won’t give a shit if you don’t have a penny to your name.

ste_t
    Free Member

He won’t have a penny to his name at that rate!

Tell her quite clearly to ‘Do one.’

nealglover
    Free Member

taken for a total mug, or just misread the signals

The first one.

Without a doubt.

£300 in a week…

She’s not daft is she !?

tpbiker
    Free Member

To be that 300 quid has paid for me to have a couple of good nights out as well!

But you are right, I’m a mug and need to step away.

Any hotties on STW that fancy getting treated like a little princess instead 😉 (not you Jamie)

gogg
    Free Member

If she viewed you as a f***buddy and isn’t ****ing you, then it appears she doesn’t want to be your buddy or mate any more, but likes a free dinner.

The difference between sex for “love” and sex for money, sex for money is always cheaper…

Move on and move up, you’ve been mugged!

X

Junkyard
    Free Member

I can flounce like one is that enough?

gogg
    Free Member

maybe this could help improve your performance

gogg
    Free Member

Or this (NSFW)

Jamie
    Free Member

(not you Jamie)

😥

globalti
    Free Member

cancelled, sorry.

brooess
    Free Member

A ‘mate’ like that is not the kind of mate who adds value to your life…

ste_t
    Free Member

At least with Jamie’s offer you’ll get value for money

piemonster

Wot CG said

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Tell her to xxx&@£ off and get pissed with the lads !
    Then when you’re pissed turn up at hers demanding a shag, dont forget the post coital damp down before robbing her purse for a taxi

boxfish
    Free Member

binners

Seems to me that the relationship is exactly the same as before. She’s just changed the manner in with she ****s you.

iolo
    Free Member

Have fun, get drunk, enjoy life. Without her.
    Find someone else. If you want sex and can’t be bothered with the chatting up stuff go to a whore. It will be much cheaper for you. After all the one you mention is nothing but a whore by a different name but a street worker won’t leech you all the time.

JCL
    Free Member

Without pics I won’t even bother contributing my priceless advice. Hell, at least post her Facebook so we can stalk her a bit.

cynic-al
    Free Member

What binners said.

Last week she bent over, now it’s your turn.

jekkyl

She didn’t offer to help with any of the bills? And you offered and then did pay? You are a mug, if she has a job you should expect her to help with the bill, it’s not the 18th century. Unless perhaps you’re mega rich & she’s not.

CountZero

OP, that was bloody heartless, now you’ve hurt Jamie’s feelings! Hope you’re going to make it up to him. 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘taken for a total mug, or just misread the signals (dating advice)’ is closed to new replies.