Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)
  • Take 'em down, NOW!
  • TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Those bloody flags….. only 6 months until you can loudly proclaim your chaviness with xmas lights.

roadie_in_denial
    Free Member

I'm north of the border just now…there seem to be alot of German flags fluttering….

johnners
    Free Member

4 months actually…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Nick

Why is having a union jack flag on your car a sign of 'chaviness'?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Nick – I don't make the rules. It just is, as is having them hanging from your house windows. Sorry if I've just broken the news to you that you possibly have chav tendancies…

Edric64
    Free Member

because it's naff

jam-bo

it shouldnt be but if its on a Kia then its a dead cert.

Nick

Why is it naff to have a flag of your country?

Edric64
    Free Member

Why do you need it I know we are over run with immigrants but the chances are in England you will find England fans so why the flags everywhere it looks like Belfasts protestant areas

bloodynora
    Free Member

In the jungle, South African jungle Three Lions sleep tonight, in the jungle South African jungle Three Lions sleep tonight…. A win no way, a win no way, a win no way….

Still got my flag on the van, guess I must be a chav then 😀

Nick

Why do I need anything other than food and shelter?

I don't actually have a flag, but I certainly wouldn't dream of putting someone down if they wanted one. I find it a but purplexing that anyone would really.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I think it's a sign of chaviness as it is brash and at the moment pretty common. There is no sense of British suave in displaying a cheap plastic flag outside the front of you house.

TBH I didn't care 2 days ago, infact quite liked the sense of pride it was giving people without any BNP connotations. Today though, I'd like to pretend that football doesn't exist, in much the same way that Rooney et al seemed to demonstrate yesterday.

Edric64
    Free Member

I saw one bloke with 8 flags on his van last week .I guess he must own JJB Sports

Edric64
    Free Member

Why do I need anything other than food and shelter?

And a bike!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

My former boss made me smile today. After the ticking off I got for "not supporting my country", he's decided he really prefers cricket to footy.

Daily Mail reading hypocrite [in the nicest possible way].

Jamie
    Free Member

Those bloody flags….. only 6 months until you can loudly proclaim your chaviness with xmas lights.

If you got hit by a bus tomorrow, just as your life flashed in front of your eyes, I can guarantee you will wish you worried about more important things than this.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I've not seen any union jack flags hanging on cars. And to take it up a notch into pedantry, it's the union flag on a car, not a union jack. Either way, it's the St George's Cross people have been waving around and will soon whip down and forget all trace of national identity soon.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

The Southern Yeti – Member

TBH I didn't care 2 days ago, infact quite liked the sense of pride ………. Today though, I'd like to pretend that football doesn't exist

So it has nothing to do with "chaviness" after all then.

It's all to do with that world renowned "British sense of fair play".

Everyone knows a true Englishman is always magnanimous in defeat.

Unlike Johnny Foreigner he is generous and noble in spirit.

And always happy to concede when "the best man won the day".

brack
    Free Member

Those cheap English flags hmmmm…

My observations on this issue have concluded that-

It's funny how those with the most apparant pride in their country are the ones the country have the least pride about!

yetiguy
    Free Member

Totally agree with Southern yeti – Flag on car = Chav end of

There i,ve said it.

bigyinn
    Free Member

My retarded neighbour had a ferrari flag hanging out of his upstairs window on sunday. Aaw poor alonso!

LHS
    Free Member

At my home in the US I have a St Georges Flag up and everyone thinks I am a red cross centre!

GrahamS

A copper mate of mine observed a house in Liverpool festooned with flags from every conceivable angle – all hanging from Christmas lights that they hadn't taken down yet. 🙂

jon1973
    Free Member

yeti guy – Member

Totally agree with Southern yeti – Flag on car = Chav end of

There i,ve said it.

are you two related?

epicyclo

ernie_lynch – Member
    …Everyone knows a true Englishman is always magnanimous in defeat.
    Unlike Johnny Foreigner he is generous and noble in spirit.
    And always happy to concede when "the best man won the day"…

and of course he won't blame the manager…

Keep your flags flying lads, nothing wrong with being proud of your country.

Just don't bring them north of the border 🙂

Nick

It's funny how those with the most apparant pride in their country are the ones the country I look down on! have the least pride about!

Fixed that for you… Or do you presume to speak for everyone that doesn't have a flag flying from their house or car?

coffeeking
    Free Member

Utterly pointless really, I mean who are they showing them to? Other people in the same country? What's the point? What does putting up a flag "do"? It's like personalised reg plates…

DezB
    Free Member

A lot of people had flags on their cars that weren't at all chavvy. I was quite surprised about this. However, big George Cross hanging out the house window? – CHAV.
    Nearly all of the car flags have gone after the weekend.

Did you know they have the car flags in Germany too? (not George crosses, strangly enough). I bet they've still got them fluttering on the windows of their chavved up Golfs.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

nothing wrong with being proud of your country

Well surely nobody is actually proud of the football team?!

Can someone please send me a German flag? I want to test Ernie's theory about magnanimous English gents who wave the St Georges.

GrahamS – That post may encapsulate the crux of the issue.

Nick

Utterly pointless really

absolutely everything is utterly pointless given a long enough timeline, most people live for the moment and do pointless things every single day because it gives them pleasure, the place would be pretty boring if they didn't

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

[rant]I'd like to naively think people may take slightly less interest in football and footballers after the dire england effort in the world cup, but come 1st ten minutes of the new season everyone will be worshipping the ground that rooney, lampard etc walk on and they'll be collecting their ~£120k per week after enjoying a longer than expected summer break getting papped in a VIP retreat in the Caribbean.[/rant]

Nick

GrahamS – That post may encapsulate the crux of the issue.

that some people do things that you don't care for but really have no impact on you whatsoever?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

that some people do things that you don't care for but really have no impact on you whatsoever?

Ahh, so you're commenting on this thread, why?

Nick

Because I'm slightly puzzled why most of us, myself included, sometimes find the need to put other people down, presumably in an effort to increase our own selfworth, which is pointless, self defeating negative behaviour. Pretty cowardly too, I mean how many people have you spoken to directly about your distaste for their need to flagrantly display their sense of pride?

molgrips
    Free Member

And always happy to concede when "the best man won the day".

We conceded that.

Then we started asking why we are so crap when we ought to be better when you look at the standard of players. Valid question, I reckon.

EDIT: +1 for nick

DezB
    Free Member

Nick, you just sound like a hippy now

nonk
    Free Member

you sound like a nazi then.

Nick

To add, I think that the way a lot of us act in a sneering supercilious way towards those we share our society with is a serious underlying issue, I don't care for it at all and I do believe it has a serious negative undermining impact on this country.

taka
    Free Member

ive bought 2 car flags yesterday and a big England flag all for £1.50 so not all is bad 😉

nicko74

But they're half price now – why can't I buy one and hang it out of my window/ car/ trousers??

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Take 'em down, NOW!’ is closed to new replies.