Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Taipei for a few days – suggestions?
  • cossyrush
    Free Member

I’m in Taipei for a few days on business.
    As they’ve got us working over the weekend I’ve awarded myself a couple of days holiday, once the work is finished, to explore the city.
    I’ve booked a hotel in the Taipei 101 area, but I’m happy to use MRT.
    Can anyone suggest anything interesting to do?
    Bike or non bike related.

Harry_the_Spider

If it looks like a duck’s head on a stick it probably is a duck’s head on a stick.

RoterStern
    Free Member

The National Palace Museum is well worth a look around. There are more ancient Chinese artifacts there than in China. Also Chiang-Kai-Shek Memorial is also worth an afternoon. The night markets will keep you busy in the evenings and you have to try the Taiwanese delicacy ‘stinky tofu’. 🙂

jambalaya
    Free Member

Sorry to be grumpy but I always found the city itself grey and miserable (torrential rain), was guided around by local colleagues so went to some reasonably authentic out of the way places, bars / restaurants etc. Had another Singaporean colleague who loved to go on holiday to Taiwan for nature stuff but that was a little way out of the city I think. If you have the time I would suggest looking into that.

RoterStern
    Free Member

If you want to get out of the city then head north to the Yanmingshan National Park. Lots steaming volcanic mountains. Or if steamy is your thing there is always CKTV! 😉

davidxbrown
    Free Member

Went couple of years ago on business and would recommend the following….

Go up the 101 Tower
    Watch the changing of the guard at Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial Hall
    Longshan Temple
    Wander around the night markets

cossyrush
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

stewartc
    Free Member

If you can get hold of a bike…there’s riding very near the city.

cossyrush
    Free Member

Wow looks like some good riding, doubt I’ll be able to get hold of a bike this time, but will try to organise for next time.

brant
    Free Member

Din Tai Fung Xiao Long Bao.

I did go to the zoo once.

The HSR is so efficient you can zip down to Taichung for about £10 in an hour. That’s fun.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Taipei for a few days – suggestions?’ is closed to new replies.