Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Tail light ponderings…
  • cruzcampo
    Free Member

Morning guys,

Deciding between

or

or

After something good for when on the road between trails when night riding, decent battery life, but with some settings to dim down perhaps for when hitting the pitch black trails, nothing worse than getting blinded when behind someone with an SSx2 brightness rear light 😆 8)

Any recommendations? Anything worth sourcing from Hong Kong?

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

I don’t think I’ve seen any rear lights that dim – they tend to just switch between static and a number of flash modes.

My favoured light for road use is the Blackburn Mars 4 though there may be something better now.

I’d think anything good on road would be way too bright for anyone behind when you hit the trails. You really want a 10 year old light from a good manufacturer. Or modify one by sticking something opaque over it. Actually, why do you need a rear light off road anyway? If you’re nightriding and following someone you can usually see them lighting up the trail ahead of them.

bikeneil
    Free Member

Tail light? Is it going on a Cadilac?

cruzcampo
    Free Member

@simons cheers, turning off on the trail is always an option i guess!

@bikeneil tis what Amazon categorise them as 😆

cookeaa

I’m with Neil here, we’re not bloody yanks! If amazon said jump off a cliff… etc…

I tend to just see what planet x have every year and spend a tenner or so on yet more red blinky things for the coming winter… 1 watt or 1/2 watt something or others plus some 3 led smart ones, or identical copies… All good.

cookeaa
    prezet
    Free Member

Hope District?

cloudnine
    Free Member
    craigxxl
    Free Member

Exposure TraceR can be seen from over a mile away at night and at least 200 metres in day light as I’ve witnessed on my way with a regular commuter cyclist I pass on my way home most days.

vincienup
    Free Member

Lezyne MicroDrive for me, in classic STW “recommend what you have” fashion.

I’ve heard tell of them falling off, but my experience makes me question how that could happen. Mine is wrapped round a 27.2 seatpost

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Tail light ponderings…’ is closed to new replies.