Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Tagalong or equivalent??
  • nuttysquirrel
    Free Member

I keep seeing awesome tagalongs from a distance but never get chance to ask what they are! I have seen them for two kids or one with a wee bit for luggage too.

So what are your recommendations? What works for you? We have a 2 year old and a 5 year old.

Thanks very much in advance.

nixie

Follow me tandem 🙂

flaps
    Free Member

We’ve a ‘trail gator’. It’s a bar that fastens to my seat post (non dropper) and the front of their bike. They ride until tired then hook up to be towed, works well for us.

Daffy

Do you mean a Trailor like a Thule Chariot or a Tag Along?

I used a Chariot until 3.5, then a trailgator thereafter for exactly the same reason as Flaps above.

nuttysquirrel
    Free Member

Great, thanks. I’ll look those up.

mrblobby
    Free Member
    chiefgrooveguru

We have a Trail Gator. Not the most refined design but works well in practice. I’m a bit wary of going down hills fast-ish but that’s more my fear of her falling off the bike than the Trail Gator failing.

T1000
    Free Member

You might have spotted a pashley u+2 as they have trike style wheels they are loads better than regular tag alongs (particularly tandems)

Sadly out of production, but appear on eBay regularly

allymcmurdo
    Free Member

We’ve recently bought a Trek Mountain train tag a long and it’s flippin’ ace. We bought it for our 5 year who is autisc and isn’t able to balance a bike on his own. He took to it really easily and he absolutely loves it.

It’s usually attached to my wife’s bike and I take the toddler in a bike seat on my CX bike.

Pretty sure theyre out of production now but usually a few on eBay. We paid £50 for it and it’s mint

eulach

Our bicycles are our main form of transport (We don’t live in the UK) and the Trailgator isn’t built for it. It works fine for popping to the shops or the occasional day out but you do lose rack carrying capacity. It needs setting up correctly. It is however, light and gives the option to let the child ride on their own. Cheap too. On ours, all the linkages are worn and slack leading to stability problems. If you’re fitting it to a half decent bike, wrap a bit of inner tube around the headtube first.
    TLDR – Trailgator is a value for money, flexible system for light use.

Wills1
    Free Member

I loved my Thule Chariot so much I bought the double version when no2 turned up. And now have the single for sale…

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/thule-chariot-child-trailer-with-lots-of-bits-375-excellent-condition

Can’t recommend them highly enough – so well designed and made. I quite often head out with young’un’s balance bike slung across the back of the trailer – then there’s the flexibility for him to ride or to ride…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Tagalong or equivalent??’ is closed to new replies.