Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • tag along bikes and the like.
  • lovewookie

I’m thinking about getting a tag along, or something of the sort. The ones I’ve seen are of the single wheel and attach to your seatpost type. I’m thinking, as the little one has a fairly decent bike, of something that will act as a tow bar, attaching to the seatpost, and her handlebars to create an articulated join.

Does such a thing exist? All I’ve seen are tow bars that lift the front wheel off the ground, I’m not sure if that’ll be a good idea.

It’d be nice to be able to take her on longer rides with the other half, where she gets to ride most of it and without her getting totally knackered and crashing.

🙂

Simon

Does such a thing exist? All I’ve seen are tow bars that lift the front wheel off the ground, I’m not sure if that’ll be a good idea.

Why not a good idea?
    We’ve got a Trailgator which works like that, no probelms with it.

lovewookie

Had a bit of a further look into the trailgator website, looks OK, shouldn’t put any more stress on the seatpost than a tag along. Only problem is, her bike is 24″ wheeled, so it’ll probably not work that well (according to the Q&A anyway)

Just out of interest, how easy is it to transport the trailgator? It’d need to be rucksackble as I don’t think the storage option would work with my FS.

Ta

Simon

Too long to put in a backpack, and fairly heavy too.
    The storage clip will only work on a hardtail.

bunnerscj
    Free Member

Got an On One summer season hardtail and use a trail gator in the summer for towing my 3 1/2 yr old. Its quality ! Great bit of kit, just make sure you wrap inner tube around the seatpost where the trail gator attaches to the bike and around the headtube of the bike you are towing (otherwise it will mark it and rip paint off)

Good bit of kit though

Tyredocter
    Free Member

edinburgh bicycle coop is the answer

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘tag along bikes and the like.’ is closed to new replies.