Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • tag along bikes
  • any recommendations for a tag along bike or experience of trailgator towbar?

Graham_Clark

Have a trailgator and once it's been set up right and the bolts tightened (a lot) it's great. Gives my son the help he needs and he then still has a 'proper bike' to ride once we get somewhere fun.

matt_outandabout

Our tag along is great, and seems so much stiffer than the trailgator things. Has been up and down all sorts over the years, under three small lads. Will be getting rid this autumn/end of summer.

ziggy
    Free Member

Tag a along for me too, bought an Adventure alloy one with gears, re built the rear wheel with a cassette hub and added a 9 speed drivetrain. Just found the standard gearing too high, put an 11-34 on it and now my son can finally help up the hills.

Would recommend plenty of mudguards and/or waterproof kit for the little one as they have to suffer all your mud/spray. Oh and a bike computer, when my lad gets bored he likes telling me how fast I'm going 😆

giant_scum
    Free Member

Got a Trailgator and an old bike to go along with it sitting in the garage! If you want it I could sell you it at nominal cost, I live in Scotland don't really want the hassle of posting it etc so would prefer it to get picked up or something like that.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘tag along bikes’ is closed to new replies.