Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Tag-along advice
  • Garry_Lager

Looking to pick up a tag-along this week on the bay – is there anything to look out for quality-wise?
    Researching it a bit the main thing seems to be the clamp – with poor designs leading to the thing swaying. Anyone had experience of this and can advise on what to watch out for? Cheers.

stevehine

I’ve got one hanging around that doesn’t see any use; It’s a Mission Piggyback; I had to manufacture a spare piece for the hitch after the previous owner had lost it and badly bodged it but it’s functionally ok.

Could do with some touch up paint and probably a new saddle but it’s free to anyone who wants it 🙂

shindiggy
    Free Member

If the original poster doesn’t want this then i’m definitely interested, just been looking at buying one.

where about are you located for collection?

Regards

stevehine

I’m near Guisborough; but travel to Manchester most weeks for work.

wwaswas

Rutland Cycling have conyon ones for £60 instead of £120

http://www.rutlandcycling.com/35075/Canyon-Kids-Trailer-Bike-Tag-A-Long-Cycle-Tow-Bar.html?utm_source=23-07-2012&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=tag-along

although the link seems to be broken so I’d call them…

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I picked up a s Spokey Joe for £25 from out local newspaper.
    Clamp is industrial and bushings are questionable, so I tightened everythign up to oblivion onto aan old seat-post with an old saddle, so when I want to attach it, I just change seatposts.

Also, I replaced the 1-piece cranks with some shorter ones, replaced the BMX bars with some small flat bars, and fitted a smaller saddle so my lad (who’s 4) could fit better

DSC_0970 by ir_bandito, on Flickr

Also, fit a reasonable mudguard combo if you want to ride when its not dry, otherwise they get the crud off your wheel.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Tag-along advice’ is closed to new replies.