Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Tacx Vortex resistance issues
  • Valleyboy123
    Free Member

Hi All
    I downloaded a hill session from the Tacx training app but the trainer didn’t alter the resistance to correspond to the gradient, the speed and power out-put however on the app was reading as if I was climbing a hill, my Garmin reading seemed more realistic with regard to cadence and speed.

Anyone with any advice?

Cheers
    Nick

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

I use Vortex.

Tyre to 7 bar
    Tacx utility tool on phone/ipad select calibration. Pedal to 32 kph then stop as required by the app. It should show a red line in the middle of the green bar. Adjust the resistance on the tyre until you get this.

Zwift doesn’t have any in app resistance check
    Trainer road. Uncheck all the devices except Ant plus trainer. Click on Ant trainer and calibrate. Power match auto.

You should note that the power change is part of an algorithm so will feel slightly different on both these apps. I find Zwift and Trainer road to give about the same power read out and feel. Power comes on in both fine.

I don’t use the Tacx app as its sessions are pants but they are improving and now multiplayer is free. Competition must be hurting them.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

I assume you have dongle and ant setup already

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Valleyboy123
    Free Member

Hi
    Thanks for the feedback I’m not using Zwift at the moment, it’s not syching with the turbo, hence I’m using the Tacx software in the short term. Do you have to use ANT + for the variable resistance to work, I’m using Bluetooth?

Cheers
    Nick

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Yes you need ant and dongle – its how the Vortex speaks to the computer or app

nathb
    Free Member

Have you updated the firmware via the Tacx Utility app?

That allows it to work with Zwift.

Valleyboy123
    Free Member

Hi Nath
    Yeah did that on Saturday the issue may be the fact that I’m already bluetoothing a garmin 520 and a set of BEats headphones I’ve that if you have too many things running it confuses the system?
    Pawsy will any ANT+ dongle work, I can’t seem to see the difference between one that’s£9.99 or one that’s £50

Cheer
    Nick

nathb
    Free Member

Ah Bluetooth is finicky at the best of times.

I bought the cheapest ant+ dongle I could find on Amazon prime – it’s currently in the study above me attached to the PC picking up all my sensors and changing the resistance on Zwift.

Valleyboy123
    Free Member

Hi Nath
    Cheers mate time to make another purchase or two.
    Nick

eemy
    Free Member

Might be unrelated to your issue, but when I recalibrated my Vortex using the Tacx Utility app I had to then unplug the power chord from the unit, wait 10 secs and plug it back in again before the resistance would work properly on Zwift to match the terrain.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Tacx Vortex resistance issues’ is closed to new replies.