Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Tacx T2240 – Solid Green Light Issue
  • MRanger156
    Free Member

Hi,

My T2240 which has been working fine is now not connecting to Zwift and is displaying a solid green light instead of the normal flashing green light. Anyone had this issue?

stumpy01

Not had that issue. I have the opposite…updated the firmware for Zwift which bricked the unit and left me with a single red flash and then nothing…

I contacted Tacx via Facebook messenger – just searched for Tacx and they responded within 6hrs. I’d contact them…

MRanger156
    Free Member

Thanks, sent them a message. Did their response help?

stumpy01

Well, they’re sending me a replacement unit.
    It’s a long story, but I bought one which had no QR skewer & bolts in so returned it. The replacement was the same so they gave me the bits from a different model of trainer. I got it home, did the firmware update to run Zwift & it then stopped working with a single red light flash when you plug it in….
    Took it back & they let me swap it for the one I had returned the day before with the missing bits – got it home, flashing green light and all good. Updated the firmware because I have to do this for Zwift to work correctly according to everything I’ve read & I get the same thing.

Contact Tacx direct & they apologise and have said they will arrange for a new unit to be shipped. I asked specifically for advice on why this had occurred & how I could prevent it happening again etc including my phone model/software version etc. in case that was causing an incompatibility but their response was that it must just be bad luck…

Not convinced. I am pleased they are sending me a new unit which will be updated to latest firmware before shipping according to them, but no impressed with their lack of knowledge about this problem.
    I don’t think I’ll be doing anything with the firmware unless I really have to!!

Good luck with yours…!

teamslug
    Free Member

For balance, I have same model.I haven’t had a single issue with mine. Updated firmware myself. Runs Zwift, Trainer Road and Bkool without issues. 18 months old now. Bit poor they don’t know what caused it or they do and aren’t saying.

stumpy01

teamslug – Member

For balance, I have same model.I haven’t had a single issue with mine. Updated firmware myself. Runs Zwift, Trainer Road and Bkool without issues. 18 months old now. Bit poor they don’t know what caused it or they do and aren’t saying.

Oh yeah for sure. I’m not saying that they are unreliable per se.

Out of interest, what did you use to update the firmware?
    Android/Apple? Do you know what version of software the phone is running. Or did you use a tablet?
    If I must do updates in the future, I will try it on my tablet as this has a newer version of Android running.

I suspect my firmware mess is due to the fact that my phone is quite an old model (Sony Xperia T from around 2012) & it’s an ‘out of date’ version of Android.
    I followed the instructions to the letter, particularly with the second one – it seems to me that they have had issues in the past with it, as they are very insistent that you make sure everything else using Bluetooth is shut down.

I have found a couple of forum posts on the Tacx website about this very issue when they first rolled out the utility app. It was causing failures in devices – something to do with burst messages using Android….

Here:

http://forum.tacx.com/viewtopic.php?f=450&t=24981

the last 3 posters all have the issue I have. I only found this forum post AFTER I had tried the firmware update myself.

and this one too, describing something about a problem with burst messages over Android….

http://forum.tacx.com/viewtopic.php?t=25071&p=172445

I’m a mechanical engineer & have worked in industries where the mechanical, electrical & software aspects of a system are all developed in house. I have had to do firmware updates to our own equipment & it has always been done over a wired connection for reliability.
    I would have thought putting a USB socket on the side of the trainer with a rubber bung over it & allowing updates over a hard-wired connection would be a more robust system – particularly when the product is rendered absolutely unusable if the update fails. It doesn’t just fail to update & reverts to the previous loaded firmware; it bricks the unit completely.

muggomagic

The only connection issues I had with the flow and Zwift was when the tacx app was still running in the background on my iPhone, just swiped the app away to close it properly and all good.
    However, I did have the same issue of the missing bolts and skewer with my flow smart. Took it back to Halfords and the 3 other flow smarts they had in stock were all missing the parts too. We ended up opening a Tacx blue matic to see if they had them in and thankfully they let me take them from that.
    For anyone thinking of getting one make sure you check before you leave the store.

stumpy01

muggomagic – Member

However, I did have the same issue of the missing bolts and skewer with my flow smart. Took it back to Halfords and the 3 other flow smarts they had in stock were all missing the parts too. We ended up opening a Tacx blue matic to see if they had them in and thankfully they let me take them from that.
    For anyone thinking of getting one make sure you check before you leave the store.

Yeah, that’s what they did for me. How recently did you get your flow smart?
    Sounds like someone in the packaging department hasn’t been doing their job very well!!

disco_stu
    Free Member

I bought one which had no QR skewer & bolts in so returned it.

Annoyingly I’ve just picked up a Flow Smart from Halford and its missing QR and Bolts, back to the store over the weekend I think.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Tacx T2240 – Solid Green Light Issue’ is closed to new replies.